cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

dual ph lines

hi guys with covid 19 my wife now works from home her work is setting up a system which allows her to answer incoming calls to the office they have said to connect a ph to the modum our modum only has one ph line out does optus have dual ph modums one for the home ph and one for the business number

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted

Re: dual ph lines

Hi @bradleyfarmilo, thank you for reaching out. Generally speaking this is possible. But, for advise specific to your connection I would recommend reaching out to our Technical Support Team via the My Optus App or by calling 133 937 (8am - 8pm, 7 days a week). 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

@bradleyfarmiloGoogle search for a SIP phone or SIP adapter and have a read up so you know what you need before speaking with Optus as they will in all probability not be of any help as "the modem only supports one phone" and repeat "the modem ...."

Another thing to search the yescrowd web site for "SIP" and see what other people have done, if anyone has asked before.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

All Optus  NBN modems have two phone ports (the second one is covered by a removable plug).

Some NBN plans, like the ones listed below, only support one phone line: 

• NBN100/20 (Speed Pack 3+)
  • Home Superfast (Speed Pack 5)
  • Home Ultrafast (Speed Pack 6)

You will need to contact Optus directly if you want a second service.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors