Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

'couldn't get IP address' from modem 5366 TN

Trying to connect via WiFi and my devices keep getting this message 'couldn't get IP address'.

I have reset modem numerous times, no luck.

There are some devices connected but I am unable to connect any more.

This has only been an issue in the last week when we had a power surge and the nbn modem fried and maybe this modem has an issue also.

I have spoken to Optus about this and the time needed to explain the issues and go through all the same rigromole everytime when my phone service drops out is very frustrating(yes mobile service with Optus also). Begining to think I made the wrong choice swapping from Telstra to Optus as we at least used to have mobile reception at home we could use to stream data from when there was an issue with the internet connection. Sorry for the rant just very frustrated with how Optus deal with these issues.

Any help on the above would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: 'couldn't get IP address' from modem 5366 TN

So how many different devices do you connect to it throughout the day, not how many are connected at once.

If this started happening after a power surge, and if everything is otherwise fine, there may have been a non-volatile memory corruption. Its probably a good idea to just do a factory reset on it and see if that helps.

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: 'couldn't get IP address' from modem 5366 TN

Thanks for your reply.

By WiFi up to 16 devices connected throughout the day.

Yes I have factory reset many times to no avail.

I am connected to all devices now after ditching the Optus supplied modem that is obviously defective after the power surge/outage and I am now using a Telstra modem that has no problems at all and all our devices connect seamlessly and is so much more faster and efficient.

0 Kudos