Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Pree
New Contributor
New Contributor

constant dropout

We have had our nbn for about a year now and have been experiencing dropouts frequently. I have called tech support many times and have had at least 3 technicians came and attempted to restore the service. Some of the calls and support did resolve the issue however, it is only temporary and the dropout would occur every now and then. It is also worth noting that when the service is “working” if I tried to download large files such as software or game updates it will always causes a dropout. That aside, the constant dropout is occuring again during the past week and we have had a technician came in on Thursday to try and resolve the issue but that didn’t help. The technician said everything seems fine and he suggested that if it is still occuring it might be the modem. We currently have a white Sagemcom Gateway F@ST 3864. What can I change the modem to and will it cost for a replacement? 

The REF for the fault is 19971330 

I am unable to give the account number at the moment as I do not own the account. 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
chloesok
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: constant dropout

Hey @Pree, thanks for reaching out to us. I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues with dropouts. I can certainly appreciate your concerns here and I do apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

I've taken a look into the fault reference that you've provided me and I can see that on the 15/11, the following message was sent: "Optus Msg: The fault should now be resolved. If not please power reset modem or call 131344 REF: 19971330. For self-serve visit Optus.com.au/faults-hub".

If the issue is ongoing, I would advise calling the Tech Support team again using the number provided in the SMS, as if they can identify a fault in the modem, they'll be able to replace this for you at no cost. Alternatively, the account holder can get in touch with us directly from their social media or Yes Crowd profile confirming their full name, DOB and account or service number and we'd be happy to confirm the cost of a replacement modem on our end. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Dilligaf38
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: constant dropout

LIke the original post i have been experiencing continual dropouts for the last 2 weeks. I have contacted tech support several times however i have still got no resolution and the modem needs to be reset on average around 3-4 times a day. The last time I spoke to a "Tech support" person and all that happpens every 2 days is " I'm contacting you to see if you are still having issues". I reply yes  as i am having to reset the modem on a daily basis ( more than once). Then he replies i'll contact the NBN team to monitor the line. I then get a text the next day saying the line is checked and it is ok. The next day Optus tech support calls back to see if i am still having issues of which i am. and so the continual circle goes. I doubt unless I contact the Ombudsman or do something different like buy a new modem myself, that this cycle will ever end.  To make matters worst the tech support guy says  "it only appears to be affecting wireless contections do you you habe any connections cabled?". I  reply that I have several cabled connections  and wifi connections too. Not 2-3 minutes later he asked me the same question again. I t is almost like he lost where he was with the script and needed to restart.

I  have had no issues for the last 18 mths. and now each and every time before reseting the modem  the lights are hard  on.. no blinking etc. I am certain that it is the modem but in reality from all the other postson yes crowd I have read even if they do eventually replace the modem (sagemcom F@st3864AC) it may only stop having to be reset for a little while before it too craps itself. 

Even though the modem is supplied by optus.. we are paying for it over the period of the contract. as such Optus should be obliged to provide a reliable modem not these crappy Sagemcom ones.  PS Moderator,  the modems are supplied  and garantueed by optus so there should be not cost for a replacement, and a replacement for that one and a replacement for that one when it craps out too.

If I end up contacting the ombudsman and I am able to terminate my contract early with out penalty I'll be walking. If  not then when the contract is up I will be walking as this is the worst  tech support I have ever received.

0 Kudos