Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Nazzareno
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: change from Optus ADSL to NBN

The only issue that I have with Gmail is the way in which folders are compiled. Much prefer the visuals  you get on outlook. Can this be done for Gmail.

0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

There's options for layout. GMail appears to take two different approaches.

1) It has an amazing search capability. So rather than worry about folders you can just start typing a word or recipient and finding your email is done.

2) Rather than "folders", GMail uses "Tags". You can customise tags and edit how they display on the left side. In practice they look and act just like folders with the benefit that an email can have more than one tag and only one folder.

https://www.technipages.com/gmail-show-hide-folders-on-left-menu

Going
New Contributor
New Contributor

I was told in an Optus phone reply yesterday that I could keep my optusnet.com.au email address by paying $5 /month for a mobile broadband using a SIM card.
0 Kudos
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Yeah that was a lie.
0 Kudos
Kyri_YC

Hey there @Going

If you are wanting to keep your Optusnet Webmail, this is an option you can look at. 

In saying this, this would generally be for a customer who is cancelling their current Internet service or moving across to something alternative (Like 5G/4G Home Wireless).

But if you are looking to migrate your current Optus ADSL service to NBN, you will be able to keep your existing Optusnet webmail service active on the new plan that you end up choosing.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.