cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

can't reach any of my tmd hosted sites ip 45.76.125.126 from optus NBN at my shop

This was not a problem until recently and has been intermittent , modem has been reset, i've tried using google dns server, still can't reach.

anyone else using optus NBN able to ping 45.76.125.126 ,

would like to know if this is optus wide or just specific to this particular router .

thanks for any help

au22.tmd.cloud (45.76.125.126)

0 Kudos
29 Replies
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: can't reach any of my tmd hosted sites ip 45.76.125.126 from optus NBN at my shop

@ianausv  Try changing DNS Sever settings. Here a few options Open DNS 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220, Cloudfare 1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1 and  Google 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 

I am an Optus user.
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: can't reach any of my tmd hosted sites ip 45.76.125.126 from optus NBN at my shop

0 Kudos
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

DNS does not appear to be the issue, at least with Cloudflare.

Tracert
--------

C:\Users\YetAnotherAcc>tracert au22.tmd.cloud
14 17 ms 17 ms 17 ms au22.tmd.cloud [45.76.125.126]

Trace complete.

Ping
---------

C:\Users\YetAnotherAcc>ping 45.76.125.126

Pinging 45.76.125.126 with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 45.76.125.126: bytes=32 time=18ms TTL=50
Reply from 45.76.125.126: bytes=32 time=18ms TTL=50
Reply from 45.76.125.126: bytes=32 time=17ms TTL=50
Reply from 45.76.125.126: bytes=32 time=17ms TTL=50

Ping statistics for 45.76.125.126:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 17ms, Maximum = 18ms, Average = 17ms

Going to the website shows:

SORRY!

If you are the owner of this website, please contact your hosting provider: hidden.cloud

It is possible you have reached this page because:

• he IP address has changed.
    The IP address for this domain may have changed recently. Check your DNS settings to verify that the domain is set up correctly. It may take 8-24 hours for DNS changes to propagate. It may be possible to restore access to this site by following these instructions for clearing your dns cache.
  •  
    There has been a server misconfiguration.
    You must verify that your hosting provider has the correct IP address configured for your Apache settings and DNS records. A restart of Apache may be required for new settings to take effect.
  •  
    The site may have moved to a different server.
    The URL for this domain may have changed or the hosting provider may have moved the account to a different server

Contributor
Contributor

Same result for me as for JustAnotherAcc, above.

To check your DNS, fire up a command line and enter
nslookup au22.tmd.cloud
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

The website in question that can't be reached from my clients business with optus nbn is

www.youandmebeauty.com.au
And lots more websites hosted on TMD
Like this one
www.aceoffadez.com.au
0 Kudos
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

@ianausv wrote:
The website in question that can't be reached from my clients business with optus nbn is

I can reach those two fine using cloudflare DNS so I'm assuming that its a problem with the  Optus DNS servers. This problem crops up from time to time with arbitrary domains.

It needs to be reported to Optus directly, but the problem is that the support staff generally have no clue what to do about it and it can take a very long time to get the problem resolved.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I did try putting in the public DNS into the windows network adaptor with no success
0 Kudos
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

@ianausv wrote:
I did try putting in the public DNS into the windows network adaptor with no success

That could be due to the windows DNS cache. Try to clear the cashe by typing the following at the command line:

ipconfig /flushdns

Contributor
Contributor

May not be DNS related. If you can't ping an IP address, and we can, then that leaves DNS out of the equation.

Ping worked for me, but I'm not on NBN, I am on Optus cable.

Try with a laptop connected to the client network and NBN, then try again with your phone being a WiFi hotspot and connecting the lappie to that.

0 Kudos