cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Occasional Contributor antinoz
Occasional Contributor

Re: You are entitled to compensation and a costless exit from your NBN contract

And I have to add, because this is annoying. You can only call between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday, so who is going to compensate my employer for me sitting on hold for 30 minutes waiting for Optus to answer the phone.

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

@antinoz

If you decide to stay you will still be compensated and you'll just step down to the plan your line can provide.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor antinoz
Occasional Contributor

Wow, to add insult to injury I accidentally selected the wrong option within the Optus IVR (one of the two options to stay with Optus) and my call went through straight away. When I explained I wanted to terminate the contract the agent on the phone transferred me to the disconnections team, and guess what ... 20 minutes expected wait time. So, in summary, if the option is beneficial to Optus they answer the call, if it's not they put you in a long queue. Maybe I should explain this to the TIO.

0 Kudos
New Contributor GKPerth
New Contributor

Legit yes, I have got the compensation already, however, has anyone tried to move to a different plan with success? I have wasted hours with live chat, the number provided in the email and the contact number on the Optus website. Each time they 'pass the buck.' I expect because I am on a $120 plan and can move to an $80.  I would be interested if others are having the same issue.

New Contributor GKPerth
New Contributor

Wait until you do get through! They still could not help and said I needed to call customer services if I wanted to change plans. Guess what, another 40m queue. 

0 Kudos
New Contributor GKPerth
New Contributor

Still waiting for that call. Wasted another hour of my life with Optus to no avail, I expect it would be plain sailing if you were sticking to the same plan.....?

0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

I agree its not good enough. At least they've set up a dedicated number to call? but it sounds like if you decide to change plans they just tip you back out into the standard customer service line? It should be a very straight forward process to select a new plan. As this is a process that Optus are legally obliged to undertake, I'm surprised they're making it quite so difficult.

I can only suggest it may be best to write a direct complaint to Optus. Mention what plan you want and where to send the compensation and hopefully they'll sort the rest while you can get on with things.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Trix63
Occasional Contributor

I think we are all aware that Optus customer service is a joke. I never got my promised speed and in the last few months have had nothing but trouble with them trying to change my account without any notification. I have been a customer for 5 years. Sick of this I rang  on the 22nd  April to cancel my service with them with immediate cancellation of Fetch Tv and follow up with NBN a week later. Rang again on the 24th as noticed Fetch was stll available only to be told nothing had been actioned.  I note my nbn is still up and running yet it is supposed to be also cancelled by now. I am glad I cancelled   my credit card that was linked to Optus and I have all correspondance and in fact I had our neighbour who is a JP  listen in on all calls who can verify what was said  as I have no faith in Optus   call centre at all. . 

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

@Trix63, did you request the immediate cancellation of your NBN service? It should only take 4 hours (max) for the disconnection to go all the way through. I'm more than happy to check this out for you. If necessary, I'll pop through the disconnection from my end.

I need your full name, DOB and account number.

http://yesopt.us/pmdan

--------------------------------------------------------------
We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor Trix63
Occasional Contributor

Dear Dan C, I have sent details.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors