Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Mattwebb
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Xbox Live on nbn

Just wondering if anyone is experiencing issues when trying to connect to there Xbox Live account, and it not getting a Nat type, Me and 2 other friends are experiencing the same thing, all with Optus, all other internet works fine, it just won’t allow a Nat type on Xbox, so we can’t log in or play games online, seems like the ports for Xbox Live aren’t being allowed to be used

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
TheStigg
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Xbox Live on nbn

Hi

I am in WA and am having the exact same issue. I have power cycled the modem/router and the Xbox, nothing seems to fix it.

Nightmare, especially as PUBG just lobbed!!!

0 Kudos
Infinity17
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Xbox Live on nbn

same here ive tried it all even got new modem from optus and new xbox one x and same issue.

its the modem not allowing communication and no one cares. 

it shouldnt happen as it never happened with the old modems .

sometimes no nat type not getting toredo ip from xbox cause of the modem restricting things.

also DHCP server problems on both my modems .

i run it hardwired and still nothing , static ips nothing .

when it works its PERFECT getting 93 over 44, then you turn it off and OHHH same crap issue wont connect . then it will happen to other devices and xboxes in other rooms .

this modem BLOCK should not happen , and needs a firmware update that fixes it BUT that wont happen as i dont think optus techs actually know what to add to make it communicate with EVERYDAY devices that most people that have fast internet for the purpose of gaming and streaming which is a standard these days.

we still have to pay our bills and i suggest you keep calling them and getting credit as the modem is stopping your devices from working as they should and thats optus modem flaw in software design.

need this fixed as its becoming a big problem for may people not understanding whats happening and starting to cost people money which we may rightfully get reimbursed from optus for giving us a device that has only been tested on a desktop computer in some foriegn country and not for what AUSTRALIANS actually use internet for .. disgracefull actually

0 Kudos