cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor Tenaciousgreen
New Contributor

XBOX live connection issues

Yesterday afternoon, out of the blue, I have been unable to connect to Xbox Live. After mucking around doing all the usual problem solving stuff with both NBN and Xbox equipment, I contacted Microsoft support by phone. After repeating the problem solving stuff, the tech advisor told me that I was one of a number of West Australia's who had reported this issue. The common denominator with the lack of any problem at their end was that we were all Optus customers and stated it was a provider problem.

I have tried contacting optus but they are super busy and I hadn't been able to get through. I have also not been able to connect to Xbox one smart glass app either. 

Any one any ideas? 

15 Replies
Occasional Contributor Mattwebb
Occasional Contributor

Re: XBOX live connection issues

I to have this issue and a few of my mates, Following for any fixes

0 Kudos
New Contributor

I have just been on to live chat and after repeating everything again, they have esculated my complaint so let's hope they resolve the issue soon. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
New Contributor

Problem resolved for me now. Hopefully it's the same for everyone. 

0 Kudos
New Contributor Joromeh
New Contributor

Hopefully its fixed. Ill check after i finish work in a few hours and report back here. 

0 Kudos
New Contributor Sevans
New Contributor

How did they fix it? Was it an Optus problem?? We just had this the last couple of days, currently having to use an old fashioned cable from the router to play but wireless connection not working, 

RetiredModerator PhilC
RetiredModerator

Hi @Sevans have you since been able to connect to your Xbox Live? I know there have been issues with specific servers in the past (EA servers for example) however this should since have been resolved. Are you able to connect to Xbox Live but have issues finding an online game, or you're unable to connect at all? 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor SilentBob1937
New Contributor

I am having the same issue hear in Cairns, North Queensland. OPTUS Tech Support assure me that there is no issue from their end and to contact Microsoft. All other devices - Laptops, iPads, iPhones, Smart TV have no issues

0 Kudos
New Contributor SilentBob1937
New Contributor

Follow Up

I managed to fix the problem myself.

In the Net work settings screen, before attempting to connect to the net work, select “Advanced Settings”.

select the option regarding the “MAC”. Select the clear option. The console will reboot.

After restart, return to “Network Settings”, select your account. Enter Paswword.

As soon as I did this, the console connected with the Wi-Fi in a few seconds,

Problem solved!

Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Ah, that's great to hear @SilentBob1937.

We really appreciate the update! 

--------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos