Searching...

Re: XBOX live connection issues

Skyliner

Hello all, I’ve been having major Xbox One issues for the last 3 days. My console can go online and browse the Xbox store, etc, but when the console is online, it refuses to launch games or apps. I get the error code 0x8027025a - which is when the game or app take too long to launch. I’ve tried a lot of troubleshooting steps on the Xbox support page but nothing has helped. The reason I’m asking here is because Microsoft said there was a customer notice on their system saying that some Optus customers are having issues launching things when the console is online - and that the way to “fix” it for now is to take the console offline and then launch games or apps, which I’ve tried and works. The other odd thing is that while I can browse the Xbox store and see friends online, the console won’t download updates or purchases. I’ve contacted Optus tech support and all they said was that there were no problems on their end, so I should factory reset my modem, which I find unnecessary as all my other devices connect and download just fine. I’ve tried going online both with wifi and now using Ethernet, but both have the same result on the console. 

If anyone from Optus can look into this that would be amazing. 

Mattwebb

Just to let you know, that is an Xbox issue across Australia at the moment, somehow Microsoft have done something and every one has issues

Skyliner

Thanks for that info. May I ask where you read up about that? 

Toomey

Hey @Skyliner, are you able to try the steps @SilentBob1937 has mentioned above?

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Skyliner

Hi @Toomey, yes I’ve tried all the suggestions on here and a lot of other suggestions around the net. Nothing seems to work, apart from my mentioned going offline to launch games. 

Highlighted

Mattwebb

I have spoken to them about the issue, I can confirm it is nothing to do with your net connection so don’t stress on that behalf, Microsoft are trying to resolve the issue

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
105 Kudos
39 Kudos
31 Kudos
13 Kudos
12 Kudos