cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

X Box drops out on Sagecom F@st 5366

We have recently gone over to NBN and have ironed out our intial issues and now tested the x box. We have one port to our CCTV, one port to a swich to approx. 12 Ethernet connections and one port connected to sagecom to NBN modem. One spare port. Our issue is that the Xbox just drops out- we have tried other ethrnets. I am not an IT expert but this is now doing my head in. We have been through the x box procedures with resetting but in my view it has something to do with the sagecom router. We can still have you tube on x box but playing a gome online wont work it drops out. Appreciate anyone that can guide me. Optus tech support says my issue- when in the past with cable everything worked. Stumped please Help.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: X Box drops out on Sagecom F@st 5366

It probably needs port forwarding.

1) Give your xbox a static IP address by going to the 5366 home page (i.e. 192.168.0.1),  clicking on the xbox from the list of connected devices, and then click the "Reserve IP" button. 

2) Take note of the xbox's IP address from above.

3) Go to Network Settings->Port Forwarding and add two new rules as follows:

Service Other
     Protocol UDP
     Internal host <xbox IP address>
     External Port 88
     Internal Port 88

Service Other
     Protocol TCP-UDP
     Internal host <xbox IP address>
     External Port 3074
     Internal Port 3074

That should do it, although I have not tested it because I'm not using the 5366 and I have similar settings on my Asus router for my xboxs.

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: X Box drops out on Sagecom F@st 5366

Thanks will give it a go. Will let you know.
0 Kudos