cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Worst optus support ever!

Reference to 82214107A

Issue started with relocation, have scheduled a date for a technician to come onsite to install NBN lines/ equipment

Called in and asked if the time can be scheduled in the morning. Technician then informed me that he have cancelled my scheduled date and need to rescheduled....no confirmation no nothing before he made the changes. Few days later a case manager (could not remeber his name), called and apologise. Accepted his apology and rescheduled. The case manager told me that he will give me a call when after the NBN have installed, but never

NBN device was installed, waited 4 hours yet not internet. Called support and was informed that it is an issue on their end and give them 48 hours to work on it. Waited on the given time, internet is still down and now update from support. Called and live chat multiple times to find out whats going on. Support then informed there are still no update and they are working on it. Requested to speak to a case manager (could not remember his name), case manager told me that he will keep a close eye at my ticket and will give me an update regularly. Waited more that a week no update no nothing

Called and live chat many times and have spoke to total of 7 case manager

Each time called received different answers to my issue

*There's an existing account to  my line and require to be disconnected before they can activate

*Need to reshceduled because of faulty line

*There are two appointment and two account which cannot be mergered (Don't even know what the technician mean by this)

This has escalated to the highest case manager (Lane Corpin), accourding to support. She called me and agreed that he will review the case and give me an anwer in regards to the case managers I have spoken to and also my internet issue. After the first call she disappeared like dust. Either reply to my email without reading what I have asked. It's like speaking to a wall.

Have called many times and live chat countless times to check upon my schedule and ask for Lane Corpin to call

Issue has been going back and forth for month without anyone telling me an answer

Is this how OPTUS treats its customer?????

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Worst optus support ever!

Document EVERYTHING because they never send the logs when you request them.  We've had over 12 months of this consistently, ridiculously substandard service.  We've made 2 official complaints to Optus and 1 to the Telecommunications Ombudsman.  They have 24 hrs left to respond to my request for release from the remainder of our contract with no financial disadvantage before a second complaint goes to the Telecommunications Ombudsman.  Our issues have been across all areas from relocation, installation, billing, faults service and customer service.  I've had enough and I want out!  Good luck with your issues.  I hope you get better service than we did. 

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Called in today and the tech told me that they need to cancel my activation order and re establish to resolve the issue. Optus support are *hidden* randomly trying things without verifying the issue and probably hoping one of the test resolves the issue.

They said I will have my NBN issue resolved within 24 hrs.

Tried to get in touch with the case manager, Lane. Guessing she's too scared to call me back on the outrageous support she provides and follow ups.

I will give them one last chance and if it's not resolved. I will leave optus and submit a TIO as you did.

I don't even know how these people get the job at first place. Throwing tickets around and hoping issue resolves itself. 

Not and don't want to be racist but all the support I have spoken to are Indians.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi there Totska,

Just checking in to find out if your complaint was resolved?

If not, please feel free to let me know who you are waiting to hear back from, a complaint reference number, etc. and I'll do my best to follow up for you.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi kEFEN,

Disappointing to hear about your experience.

If it hasn't been resolved in 24 hours, please let us know here and include any ticket numbers you have.
We don't have visibility of relocations reference numbers or customer accounts though here on Yes Crowd.

I can follow up with Lane/Lane's manager if needed.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Issue not resolved

Jus tlive chat with support and what was discussed with the optus supervisor in regards to disconnet my service and reconnect was not done. Another day wasted. No explanation not what so ever

Reference to 82214107A, on going issues without explanation and tech keep pushing the tickets around

@Ray_YC get Lane Corpin and her manager to give me a call, and give me an explanation to this

And ask Lane Corpin does she ever read her email? I and multiple of optus support have sent her an email to call me back

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Wow, did a call after work just to check on the status and what's the go

Call got transfered to a supervisor, Stacey

What a rude person, high pitch high tone through out the call and said "what do you want me to do" - what a joke!, it sounded like I work for optus

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi again,

Please let me know what the current status is. 

e.g. Were you told you will be contacted again, what the outcome was after speaking with Stacey, etc.

From there I'll be able to determine next steps.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Just out of words to describe optus tech.......

Current status:

Tech have cancelled my service and was told it will need to wait 24 hours for it to be ractivated

No follow ups again after 24 hrs +, no suprise

Live chat with optus now and was told that they have an issue activating

Questions:

1.Why do clients have to follow up each time to find out whats going on

2. Why optus likes to lie and give clients false information

3. Do optus really work or they just sit in office and passing the ticket around and around until end of business day

4. Does optus even care? clearly not

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

F**ng very nice called in on friday spoke to a supervisor from 6pm ish to 12 am, supervisor put me on hold from 7 pm to 12 am. YAWN~

Best support ever!!!!!!!!!!!!

Phone call after phone call, live chat after live chat

Hopeless 

0 Kudos
Top Contributors