Searching...
Highlighted

Worst experience ever.

Garth806

Recieving drop outs for over half a year, around 5-10 times a day, I gone on Optus live chat about 20 times, I've been told people have been sent out and have "fixed" the issue multiple times, new modems sent to me after they've "run tests" which hasen't resolved a single thing, I wake up today and my internet was cut out already and now I'm using my mobile data which is better than NBN ffs, I've never had a worst experience of a product than this one, if my problem isn't solved very soon, im finding a new provider, im done with this service, without Premier League Optus would be nothing.

Re: Worst experience ever.

Paddylee

Drop faults HAVE to be managed by NBN, Optus has no control over what NBN does in this case.

From memory NBN wont even log a fault for dropouts if its less then 6 dropouts every 24 hours, according to NBN - this is "normal"

As you have already had numeorus modems sent to you its eliminated that its a device fault and now Optus need to push NBN to fix it - though if its less then 6 dropouts per 24 hours NBN wont accept the fault as above.

Changing provider wont fix a dropout issue on NBN's network.

Another thing to do is check your own wiring in your house (outside of NBN & Optus control).

Dont have any other devices plugged in (should be plugged into the router for phone service on Optus)

Internal wiring can cause dropouts, so best to check your own side as well.

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip? Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!

[ Edited ]
zinogarphy

As you have already had numeorus modems sent to you its eliminated that its a device fault and now Optus need to push NBN to fix it - though if its less then 6 dropouts per 24 hours NBN wont accept the fault as above

Garth806

So how do I check my own wiring....

Don't have any other devices plugged in, I don't.

Also, why am I being sold a product that's half-finished, the copper wiring cannot support speeds like NBN hence the dropouts imo.

I dropped out 3 times in 5 minutes last night, 3/7 days of the week I'm waking up to an internet that's not connected, I mean it's a joke tbh.

Paddylee
You would need a licensed cabler to check the wiring. NBN will only work on up to the first socket in the house, after that its up to the homeowner. FTTN product was pushed onto NBN to use, outside of any Telcos control as to what NBN delivers to you. Unfortunately FTTN product is very susceptible to bad copper joins and things such as star wiring (how some homes are wired for extra telephone sockets even though they dont have a phone plugged in).
Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip? Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
73 Kudos
31 Kudos
29 Kudos
27 Kudos
20 Kudos