Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor Brendyboomboom
New Contributor

Worst experience ever trying to cancel a broadband/nbn plan

Could someone please advise the best course of action here,

I was originally on a $60/mnth home broadband plan which i was happy with.

NBN rolled in and optus rolled me onto an $85/mnth plan WITHOUT my authorisation.

I tried multiple times to cancle over the phone and explain my situation to no avail.

Ive chatted with numerous optus live help staff who have confirmed/promised numerous times that my account would be cancled with no cancellation fees charges incurred, and also to be creddited any charges made after the broadband cancellation date of 21/06/2019.

Ive just received another bill for the NBN service which i never signed up for. The bill will be direct debited on the 09/08/2019 and im unable to log into the optus acc acc for my home internet to remove the direct debit information to prevent them from stealing more $ !!.

Ive had no internet from my house ever since my broadband service was removed on 21/06/2019.

If anyone can advise it would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Worst Experience Ever trying to cancle a broadband/nbn plan

Hi BrendyBoomBoom,

Disappointing to hear that this issue is still ongoing.

We’re unable to look into account details on Yes Crowd.
If you have a social media account, please send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details.  

Let us know how you go.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor pluto
Occasional Contributor

Re: Worst experience ever trying to cancel a broadband/nbn plan

I know the problem - they’re hopeless

The only course of action to evade them is emigration.

I’ve been trying to cancel for 6 months and now they’ve sent me a bill for early termination and not returning my phone which has been lost at their depot in NSW.

Good luck.

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Worst experience ever trying to cancel a broadband/nbn plan

Hi there pluto,

Thank you for raising this issue.
We’re unable to look into account details on Yes Crowd.
If you have a social media account, please send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details.
If not, please Chat with us to help get this situation resolved.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos