cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Worst NBN Experience Ever

I switched to Optus NBN 3 weeks ago. Since then I have spent about 30hours on the phone trying to get technical support. My modem drops in and out, I was unable to change the password on it and then I could, then some devices required my new password, while other devices required the supplied password. Then just as we were heading into a four day long weekend, the router stopped working altogether. I have a family of 5, including 3 children about to head into exams. No internet connection. More hours spent on the phone and trying to google technical support. Technical support telling me that have not yet been trained in tech support for the new Optus Router that they are supplying to customers (Sagemcom Fast 5366 TN). I have moved 5 mobile phone plans and my NBN and Home phone over to Optus (approx $5000 of services). I am now locked in for 2 years. This is the worst decision I have ever made to switch to Optus. I keep getting told my case has been escalated to a case manager, however still no one can fix my problem. I am now waiting for a new router to arrive. Then I will have to wait for an Optus technician to come and install it. I was told to go the the Optus shop to buy some mobile broadband dongles in the meantime and that Optus would reimburse me. The first shop had none in stock. The second shop had two in stock and when I got home I discovered I had been given the wrong receipt, so I now have to go back again today to get the receipt. I haven't even been told how to log in to them to see if the store applied the data credit as promised. Every time I speak to customer service I have to repeat every detail of my ordeal. This would have to be the worst customer experience of my life. I thought Telstra was bad, but this experience far exceeds anything I had with Telstra over the past 30 years. If anyone from customer service is interested in helping me resolve this, and in arranging some sort of compensation before i take this to the Telecommunications Ombudsman, then please feel free to make contact with me. @worstexperienceever @customersupport

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Worst NBN Experience Ever

Your not going to find any Optus staff here on a weekend and even when they are here they don't have access to accounts and will direct you to send a PM to Facebook or a DM on Twitter . I believe Facebook/Twitter support to be 24/7.

You don't need a technician to install a 5366. Its a self install kit and there will be simple instructions .

If your current 5366 is plugged into the NBN box via the red WAN port then your should be able to use any router if you have an old one lying around from a previous service.  Just connect the old router's WAN port to the NBN box gateway port. In the routers internet connection setting use "Automatic IP" or similar setting which does require a username/password/authentication (i.e. do not use PPPoE/PPTP/L2TP). That will get internet working (but not phone) until you can get proper support from Optus.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Worst NBN Experience Ever

Dear Worst NBN Experience Ever,

I have more or less the same problem with the modem Sagemcom 5336 and after 1 week, 2 brand-new modem 5336, after hours of messaging the technical support operators, and false hope of case manager's phone calls, I still do not have internet connection. What a waste of time and effort!

0 Kudos
Top Contributors