Searching...

Wifi signal very becomes intermittent.

Thepistolf1

Hi.

My newly installed sagemcom nbn modern seems to work fine. But after approx 24hrs of it being on, the wifi data becomes intermittent. As non of my 3 phones or 1 pad will receive a consistent data flow. 

It shows a regular signal being  received on the devices and the other cable connected products work fine, but all the browsers or apps on my portable devices begin to intermittently  say I have no internet connection. 

Even standing within meters and insight of the modem.

It generally corrects itself a minute later but then progressively become very frequent untill unusable. 

I reset the modem and everything woks fine for approximately another 24 hrs and the problem begins  again. 

Ive had the modem for a week and have needed to reset it most days. 

The modem is free stands away from my tv and when reset transmits very well without interruption for the appox time mentioned.

Working from home allows me to be confident that the issue doesn’t occur after a reset for a extended period of time. But is every evident when the problem begins and never will self corrects itself even if left for hrs to do so.

it never continually remains unusable but the intermittent behaviour becomes about a minute apart. Compared to approximately 1/2 hr apart when it first starts, but goes down hill rapidly. 

This happens on both the normal and 5g frequencies. 

Any help or Ideas would be great. 

Re: Wifi signal very becomes intermittent.

Yeldarb

Hmm that is weird especially if it's happening on both bands and at close proximity to the modem. It's not the power save mode kicking in on the devices ? The phones are all different or all the one make?

newline

Are the phones/pad Apple devices?

Thepistolf1

Hi, thanks for your response. 

I have 2 iphones the latest x and an older 6 plus 1 android 

and a ipad mini and a windows laptop. When this issue occurs it happens to all devices at the same time unfortunately. So power saving across all devices is possible. But I’ve rebooted my devices multiple time during these intermittent sessions and the problem continues, until i power down my sagemcom modem and reboot it.

Just to add fuel the this fire. 

Last night the intermittent wifi data issue started. 

I was in bed and couldn’t be bothered resetting my modem. I forgot about it in the morning and it self corrected it self as I haven’t needed to reboot the modem as of yet.  The issue when it appears occurs at a random  time of the day or night. So I can’t pin piont a difference in my usuage as a work around. 

Just a bit frustrating at times. 

Yeldarb

I was thinking if all your devices were the same there might have been some commonality with the power saving features however it doesn't look like that would be the case. You mentioned in you first post you reset the modem and I am not sure if you did a factory reset or simply meant a reboot or restart?

newline

Anecdotally, there seem to be WiFi issues with Apple devices and the Sagemcom, maybe similar modems too. I'd try factory reset first, then search Apple for WiFi, particularly 5 GHz, issues with (their older) devices. Good luck.

Thepistolf1

Your suggesting Factory reset the modem, 

Not all my devices. ?

I’ll give it a go thanks. 

newline

Modem - yes. Devices - no.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
113 Kudos
41 Kudos
31 Kudos
18 Kudos
15 Kudos