Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
BrettEmpire
New Contributor
New Contributor

Wifi - exclamation mark - nbn

Hello crowd

Please help... on verge of nervous breakdown after dealing with optus customer service !

Cant connect to internet - wifi is there as an option and I can join but I get no internet connection. Get the exclamation point on my laptop and iPhone just won't connect... Is this an easy fix or do I need a new router?

Can you believe I ordered my nbn over 5 weeks ago and I'm still not connected. Is this normal? Oh I still haven't received my fetch tv box either. 

Anyway I won't go into the fact that I've spent hours and hours on the phone calls and doing live chats trying to sort it out. I won't mention that I've had 4 people say my connection is fine, and I've had 5 people say it isn't working  on the optus live chat...  I won't go into the fact that I took a day off work Thursday however I was told the technician came Wednesday. I won't go into optus being prompt when my phone goes over the data limit everyday and they keep adding $10 to my bill, because I don't have wifi for my phone. 

Yes ive tried rebooting yes I've turned it off and on. Yes I've resetting using a tooth pick.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
10000000000GB
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Wifi - exclamation mark - nbn

>>Is this normal?

It's normal by the standards of people who turn up here and complain, and normal for the stuff that ends up on A Current Affair and 730

0 Kudos
SillyGogo
Crowd Champion
Crowd Champion

Hi @BrettEmpire

what type of connection do you have? does it work when you connect via a network cable between the modem and the notebook? 

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Dan_C
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

Hey @BrettEmpire, thanks for reaching out.

It sounds like a back end issue. There are really two possibilities here.

• The technician has gone out and completed the installation however testing after the fact may have identified an issue that has halted the progress of the order.
  • There's a mismatch between what we've recorded as your activation date and the date in which NBN completed their side of the work (this can happen if your original activation date was rescheduled)

I'm happy to check on the status of your activation. I'd need you to send us a private message with your full name, DOB and order reference number. I'll respond back as soon as I can.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors