Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor Jbabz84
Occasional Contributor

Wifi dropouts on NBN With Sagemcom F@ST 3864V3 HP

I’ve had NBN for nearly a year now with Optus. It uses HFC, with the Sagemcom F@ST 3864V3 HP. In May I was experiencing a few drop outs during the day where I would be on my iphone at home hooked up to wifi, and no websites or apps would load up. Even though it still showed the wifi signal on my phone as full. I even would be watching Netflix and that would pause for a few minutes before starting up again.

Anyways I got in contact with Optus and they told me that others in my area were getting internet from the exchange first, hence mine kept dropping out(pretty poor if you ask me). So they reconfigured something and for about 4 months my internet was fine, no drop outs

Anyways about 2 weeks ago they were doing some nbn works in my area/suburb and since then my wifi has been cutting out. This has been very annoying. Called Optus and informed them and they said they will fix the problem. Fast forward to today, and I’ve already experienced a dropout this morning. After reading forums, I’m wondering is it the poor modem that Optus gives us, as when I was on adsl2 with a previous sagecom modem, I was experiencing the same issue. I don’t wanna be calling them every few months to reconfigure what they were doing. I just want internet that works. When this issue occurs both

Help is appreciated. Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Wifi dropouts on NBN

They are pretty poor quality modems so there's a very good chance it's at least contributing to the issue. Personally, I'd be buying my own router (I use the ASUS ac68u) and plugging it into the black NBN modem in your home. Yes it's an additional cost but the difference is massive and lasts a substantial amount of time. 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor Jbabz84
Occasional Contributor

Re: Wifi dropouts on NBN

Yeh I have come to the conclusion I will have to buy my router. I am looking at the NETGEAR D6220 AC1200 WiFi Dual-Band VDSL / DSL Modem Router. Hoping that doesn't bring drop outs, and the wifi range is a bit better?
0 Kudos