Searching...

Wifi - Connection Issues

DaleVail

So, I have called Optus several times over the year since we started our service with them in March. Each call has taken exorbatant amounts of my time, for literally 0 results.

The first issues we had (and our still having) is that we get enourmous spikes in ping. As an occasional online gamer, this causes me many many issues, but also just prevents us using the internet for periods at a time. Sometimes the internet completely drops out (although we are still connected to the wifi).

More recently, the wifi has just started randomly dropping off our devices. I have a hunch that it happens when another device connects to the internet and the modem has a little freakout and drops everyones connection. I haven't been able to confirm this because the last time I called customer support to ask for help, they told me this was an issue with my modem setup and they can't help me with anything related to that (in a very rude manner I might add.)

So I come to this board in the hopes that someone might have a better way for me to contact customer support that doesn't involve being on a live chat for over an hour and a half getting prewritten messages, or call someone who isn't going to tell me that there's no way to fix my problems with the modem and connection literally provided by Optus, and isn't just going to tell me that slow connections are just the way it is in my area (which is Southbank, Melbourne, should be a very equipped area).

Any help from anyone is greatley appreciated, these problems have been happening all year and customer support has been so difficult and useless it's just been easier to give up and live without internet for periods at a time. I would much rather have the service I am paying for working....!

Highlighted

Re: Wifi - Connection Issues

Shauna

Hey @DaleVail - Thanks for getting in touch with us via Yes Crowd!

Sounds like you've been given the run around for quite some time now, I'd be more than happy to take a look into this.

Can you please confirm your account number, full name and DOB via private message so I can take a look?

Apologies for the experience. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
66 Kudos
27 Kudos
26 Kudos
25 Kudos
17 Kudos