Searching...
Highlighted

Wi-Fi says connected but no internet

E38

Had NBN installed yesterday and now can't access Wi-Fi on our phones or TV why????

Tried resetting router, tried turning off at wall...

Still nothing.

Re: Wi-Fi says connected but no internet

WhyAmIWithOptus

Welcome to Optus with the crappy Sagem modem. We have been fighting with WIFI ever since they changed from the Netgear modem to the junk one. Have a look if Wifi is switched on in Wifi Management, Station and password match, all the usual stuff

After it sort of works and the frustration sets in we do these:

We bought a WIFI booster, helped a little bit.

Reset the modem regularly, 2 adults, 2 kids with phones, laptops, playstations etc on Wifi, it just gets snowed under. We generally reset when Netflix stops streaming, Optus streaming seldom works, we use the mobile for that.

Play around with the chanel, doesn't do much, but makes me feel like I am doing something to improve it

SillyGogo

did you received a new modem with the new NBN connection? if yes, then is the devices connected to the new Wifi modem? 

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy

E38

Yes received a new modem is connected. Still says no connection

WhyAmIWithOptus

This is for the white Optus YES Sagem modem.

Wifi is switched on in Wifi Management (check with 192.168.0.1 in your browser address bar)

The WiFi light on the modem should flicker when activated

Search on your Tele for available Networks

Connect to yours, the name of your Network is on the fridge magnet, something like OPTUS_****** if still default

Enter password from fridge magnet

Should connect now, if not ring Optus, we had a couple of faulty modems before Wifi started sort of working.

SillyGogo

contact optus technical support for assistance.

Here are some steps I would recommend.

1. Direct cable connection to the modem via one of the yellow port, check if internet is actually working.

2. connect the same computer via wifi, check internet.

3. Connect a mobile phone to the wifi, check internet.

4. check that your icloud wifi password is updated to the new modem's wifi passphase. 

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
103 Kudos
37 Kudos
31 Kudos
12 Kudos
12 Kudos