Searching...

Why do we have to put up with such poor Service?

Albus

So far today the NBN service, provided by Optus, has gone down 3 times for at least 10 to 15 minutes at a time.  I contacted Optus via chat, filled in the ID form, and then could they could not identify me using my date of birth as it was different on one of their support systems.  WTF!  BTW part way through the first chat the WiFi connection wned down and I had to start again including the ID verification issues. So as the chat stretched closer to 40 minutes I asked them if they could do the trouble shooting and just let me know the result via email or an SMS so I could get on with my day.  But no I had to keed holding on .... with a just a minute etc.

Still no email of the chat log from this morning, I have printed a copy to pdf but that is not the point, and no reply to the complaint about the last outage which lasted nearly 16 hours.  Mind you the complaint was lodged on my behalf by an Optus Employee so who knows if it was actually done or just a ruse to stop me chewing on their ear.  

What can Isay but nearly every interaction with Optus since connecting to the NBN has been a piainful experience and a total waste of time.

Re: Why do we have to put up with such poor Service?

10000000000GB

You put up with such a poor service because it's cheaper.

[ Edited ]
pwright

Welcome to the NBN, can you tell its a Government Run wholesale network yet? Run by Idiots Smiley Happy

You will probably find the issues you are having are in relation to the underlying NBN Network, that Optus are relying on to provide service to you.  Have you done Basic Trouble Shooting and you may need to speak to Optus Support to have a fault lodged with NBNCo.  Do you know what NBN Technology you are using, are you on Fibre to the Node, Cable, Fibre to the Curb etc?

If you are on a copper based technology, have you unplugged all your other phone devices in the house so only your modem is connected?  What Line Sync speed are you getting?  You check check this in your Modem's web interface, on the bottom of the modem it will have an address like http://192.168.1.1 you can go to, to view your Modem Configuration and Modem Stats.

Let us know what trouble shooting you have done, and what Technology you are on, and we'll see what can do to help.  But you may need to Contact Optus Tech Support, and lodge a fault if you are still having drop out issues on a NBN Connection.  Do you still get the drop outs when plugging a cable into your Modem rather then Wifi?

Albus
Certainly not the cheapest option. I was hoping, based on my past experience with Optus, that it would as reliable as the service it replaced. Over the previous 15 years with Optus we only had 3 outages of any significance and all related to power outages or storm damage with one only network related.

Albus
Over the past 18 months I have doe more troubleshooting on this connection than I had to do on the Optus HFC Network which st traffic shaping was the only issue. The reliability issues with the NBN were cause bymOptus initially over selling the bandwidth they purchased from the NBN based around greed. But the NBN did nothing to stop this practice.I always try all of the trouble shooting options before I contact support. Like turning off all devices and turning them back on one at a time eg. NBN Gateway, Sagemcom, and my WiFi router. And then waiting. After this did not work I chatted tomOptus who were trying to find out what the problem was which took nearly 50 minutes and part way through I had to start again as the connection abruptly terminated part way through the the chat. I asked them to send amcopy of the chat but they have not done that. They don't tell you what the,issue was or how it was corrected and they do not even follow through and do the things they promise for the most part. The.NBN say it is the RSP's responsibility to monitor and report issues to them not the RSP's customers. But Optus won't inform us when there is an issue or even tell us when it is fixed even if we ask them to. This is why I am having a rant about poor service.

10000000000GB

Ranting here won't do much. You need to move to Aussie Broadband.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
104 Kudos
38 Kudos
31 Kudos
12 Kudos
12 Kudos