Searching...
Highlighted

Where is my connection....

[ Edited ]
Caution

Here is some background for anyone who can shed some light on why I'm sitting at home with no NBN when it was confirmed TWICE. This needs to be resolved this week as I'm not taking more annual leave to get stood up!!!!

Order placed on the 16/5 with very specific instructions that the install would be today 3/6/2019 afternoon install

Basil called to confirm with my wife, and said he'd call back with more info. Being sceptical when he didn't call back I spoke to online customer service who confirmed everythingwas still good to go, and even though I thought it was cutting it close, the NBN modem kit would also arrive at my house on 3/6/2019 (it hasn't)

For the Optus staff that want to look into WTF is going on, order ref is 66756573A, when typed into the track my order section of the website, apparently the order has been fulfilled, I'm telling you now it hasn't!

I have no NBN connection kit, no modem and no NBN service person showed up!!!

*spam deleted*

Re: Where is my connection....

[ Edited ]
petergdownload

Optus staff do seem to have a habit of promising what you want to hear and then disappearing. You know that something is wrong but how can you argue with "It will all absolutely be done on this date and I will ring and confirm with you"? 

In fairness though, Optus have no direct control over NBNCo technicians. So I've no doubt the Optus system was confirming your appointment and all they can do is say that's the date NBNCo have told them they will come out. When the NBN don't come out then usually you will know before any Optus employee gets told. But I've long suggested Optus really need to improve this process and do much better communicating what is actually likely and has actually happened (and following up did it happen) with the customer. Not promising the world and disappearing. 

FWIW the NBN guy will likely have the NBN modem he will need. The router that Optus supplies is not necessary to complete the NBN side of the installation. Unfortunately if you want the NBN you will need to be home for their technician (note this requirement is beyond Optus control) and yes its a big waste of time sometimes.

Peter Gillespie

PS It occurs to me you may actually be connected to the NBN. Are you FTTN or FTTC? These connections don't necessarily need the NBN Installer to come inside. 

Caution

Ray_YC how about you don't delete the relevant information proving the failed promises made by your team member, fix the issue, don't cleanse my posts. You guys have messed up, how about you own it and fix it.

Peter, I tend to agree the connection is already there as there is an NBN box next to the Telstra one (assuming it is an HFC connection), but the endless promises of being sent the hardware ASAP has left a sour note given I have no hardware, but fortunately still have cable connection....for now.

Optus were lightning quick to send the Fectch 'return scahel' other than that, they have done nothing.

So until some sort of communication from Optus occurs I have NFI where my connection kit is, where the hardware is or when the cutover is given the arranged 'date' has lapsed ???????

Jeneral__Pain

Removing details is necessary to avoid any problems.

As Optus can't do much about NBNCo not showing up (which if what I read across multiple internet forums is common place), they won't know until either...

A) You call up and complain they no showed

B) The date passes with no connectivity

C) NBNCo tells them they aren't showing (EXTREMELY UNLIKELY).

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.

Caution

Yes but Optus can do a lot about

A) The modem and connection kit that was promised to arrive ASAP and didn't (I'm running an old incompatible cable modem FYI)

B) The second promise from the online 'help' that said it would be here today absoluteley (which was kindly deleted by an over protective company rep)

C) The case manager (yes you Basil) promising to call back and didn't

So three items well within the locus of control of Optus, and failed on each count NBNCo probably weren't even told based on the stellar performance of Optus so far!

pulley

After reading your reply.  We are FTTC.  On the setup instructions we are supposed to have a Connection device and a modem.  Optus sent us the modem but I presume NBN technician is supposed to supply the Connection device.  He hasn't turned up so I cannot see how I would connect if I do not have their Connection device.

Jeneral__Pain

I would pump your address into: https://www.aussiebroadband.com.au/nbn-poi/

The reason I say this form, it tells you what the NBNCo Service Class is, that will determine the next step...

SC31 - Needs full NBNCo work (needs lead in and NCD - both supplied by tech)

SC32 - Needs NBNCo to cut you into the DPU in the pit plus supply NCD

SC33- Already cut in via pit, Optus to supply NCD

SC34 - NCD already on site - previous NBNCo provided address, Optus simply needs to put in order to activate.

SC = Service Class

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.

Caution

So other than not having an NBN compatible modem from Optus, the query says -

POI nameAcacia Ridge Depot

CSA nameAcacia Ridge Depot CSA

Premises technologyHFC

Premises service class23

Premises service class description

Serviceable by HFC, the location has a wall-plate/socket but no HFC NTD
Premises readinessReady to connect to the nbn!
Rollout Region ID4SRW-61

petergdownload

Unfortunately Optus does shoot itself in the foot too often with NBN signups. It should be the start of a glorious friendship and instead seems to become combative and as you say, leave a sour taste in the mouth, which OPtus really doesn't want obviously.

It sounds like you are getting NBN HFC. Check your address here. This can take two steps. First is the cable connected to the outside of the house (which doesn't need you home to do). The second runs the line into the house and installs the NBN modem (which NBNCo provide on the day). 

You will still need to stay home for that second run. 

Peter Gillespie

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
104 Kudos
37 Kudos
31 Kudos
12 Kudos
12 Kudos