cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
baileyw701
New Contributor
New Contributor

Where do i find Qos on router settings (F@ST3864V3HP)

Hi, i'm looking to prioritize my pc for internet speeds and so i searched how to do it and it said i should look for Qos on my routers settings, however i cannot find these settings at all i was hoping someone could help me. (im not sure if the model has qos too)

0 Kudos
6 Replies
YetAnotherAcc
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Where do i find Qos on router settings (F@ST3864V3HP)

It does have QoS but you need admin access.

How to get the admin password will depend on exactly which hardware/firmware version of the 3864 you have, there are various methods discussed here:

F.Y.I. These are the settings I see:

Screenshot_2020-01-16_3.pngScreenshot_2020-01-16_4.pngScreenshot_2020-01-16_1.pngScreenshot_2020-01-16_2.pngScreenshot_2020-01-16_2a.png

0 Kudos
baileyw701
New Contributor
New Contributor

hi, i still cannot obtain my admin password after various attempts. I have even went as far as trying to decrypt the back up settings for the password and i feel like i'm not getting anywhere, i went through all the suggested passwords and none of them work .
is there anything else i can do for my admin password and why doesn't optus just give us the password ?
0 Kudos
YetAnotherAcc
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Have you tried the dumpcfgdynamic.conf method? If I remember correctly I did something similar to this.

0 Kudos
baileyw701
New Contributor
New Contributor

hi thank you so much for helping if i could ask for one more favour, can you guide me on how to add my device to top priority? (looks very difficult and im not sure how to)

0 Kudos
YetAnotherAcc
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

So I take it you get admin access?

can you guide me on how to add my device to top priority? (looks very difficult and im not sure how to)

I wish I knew how 😥. Never needed to use QoS so have stayed clear of it.

You might have better luck asking in Whirlpool's Modems/Router forum.

Whether you succeed or not, please post your results here as I would interested in how you go.

0 Kudos
baileyw701
New Contributor
New Contributor

yes i did get admin access and yes i will post my results here, thank you for helping
0 Kudos