cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
RNBCK
New Contributor
New Contributor

When will Optus Air (similar to Telstra Air) be released?

When will Optus offer a similar service to Telstra Air?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
SamSam
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: When will Optus Air (similar to Telstra Air) be released?

My opinion would be never. But that's just me as I don't see it adding huge amounts of value to people. Given you're asking though, I'd say it's fair to assume you like the idea of it so there's obviously varying opinions.

I'd say if anything, Optus MIGHT partner with another WiFI Hotspot provider but they just don't have the existing infrastructure (namely the phoneboxes) to do what Telstra did.

Have you used the Telstra Air service? If so, how'd you find it?

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
0 Kudos
Landcruiser
New Contributor
New Contributor

Telstra Air is not restriced to Payphones. A Telstra Air customer, I will call them "Home host" can choose to have their modem set up so as to provide a service to another Telstra Air Customer, I will call them Visitor. A visitor could be a family member from another town, etc, and when they visit "Home" they can use "their Visitor" login details and using the "Home host" modem they can login to their account (Visitor) and use it as if they were at their home. It does not effect the host's data download, I am not sure if their are any additional security issues.

It may also be able to be used by a neighbour, or their visitors provided they also subscribe to Telstra Air.

NOW.

The reason I did this search.

I am a registered cabler, and often get requests to assist customers with internet issues.

This particular customer has a son about 400km away who is an Optus Customer. He wants to visit his Mum and stay some time.

He would like to be able to use his Mothers connection but using his account. A service similar to Telstra Air would suit him fine, but he has a good plan with Optus, is reluctant to change. He is a movie fan using heaps of downloads. His mother is not yet connected, her choice may be Optus or Telstra - not sure yet, depends on who can provide the best solution.

If any one can offer me a solution to help me out, I would be most greatful

Thank you.

Ross.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Dan_C
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

@Landcruiser,

I'd love to be able to offer a viable solution but at this time there's really no like for like service within our current product suite.

It's not something that we're actively working on bringing into the market.

We're always looking at ways to increase the value offering of our products and services. It could be something that we consider but I think at this time, the focus is on improving/maintaining the overall Network experience for customers at an individual level.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos