cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor Haydnn
New Contributor

What modem router combos can i use with my service? Why didn't the router i buy work?

Hello i was hoping someone could help me out with the following,

What modem router combos can i use with my VDSL2+ FTTN internet and home phone connection? 

Am i forced to use my current modem router, the Sagemcom f@st 3864 because of the built in phone line jack?

I did buy the Dlink Dual Band AC750 Modem Router that doesn't have the phone line socket under the impression i could use any modem router that supported VDSL2+ but i couldnt get it to work even after talking to Dlink and Optus tech. When i say i coudn't get it to work i mean red internet light on the router and no dial tone on the home phone.

Any information is greatly appreciated, thanks.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Crowd Champion Davelew
Crowd Champion

Re: What modem router combos can i use with my service? Why didn't the router i buy work?

Hi

You have to use the Sagemcom modem as Optus hard code it for the phone.  If you research on this forum you will see numerous posts of where peaple bridge the Optus modem so they can use there own modem for othernthan the phone line.

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor Haydnn
New Contributor

Re: What modem router combos can i use with my service? Why didn't the router i buy work?

Thanks for replying,

Yes i have seen the posts but im a little confused on some of the steps. Please correct me if im wrong, i leave the sagemcom plugged into the wall with the phone plugged into the sagemcom and then connect the new router to the sagemcom via the sagemcoms ethernet port? From here i think the rest of the tweaking is done within the sagemcom in which im trying to figure out. 

0 Kudos
Crowd Champion Davelew
Crowd Champion

Dave

Yes that is correct.   Have a look at this link then do some research.

https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/NBN/Using-own-modem-router/m-p/210654#M6571

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos