cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
11B
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

What does it take for Optus to understand the issue and then properly act on it?

Hi,

I have had my internet drop out from time to time for the past 6 months or so. Not knowing the reason initially (despite speaking to Optus) and Optus trying various things (restart, check line, new modem and even sent out an engineer) without success.

I managed to find out the point of issue.  My neighbour has a NBN pillar outside their house. Everytime a NBN engineer opens the pillar case, I lose connection (this has been confirmed everytime for the past 2 months atleast) for 30 mins and sometime more.  Reconfirmed this morning.  The NBN engineers default answer (spoken to in person nearly a dozen of them), '...I am working on another house and should not impact you'.  None of them do anything about it.

Optus sent out a new modem and also decided to send out an engineer last month.  Basically, the engineer did some tests, changed some cables and done. Result: same issue next day.

Despite telling Optus various people the above issue, no one at Optus seems to understand.  NBN requires an incident ticket raised. For the past 2 days I am been trying to get Optus to do this so that an NBN engineer can come and fix.

I'm currently on the phone to make a complaint but keep being passed around.  Nearly 85 mins and still not spoken to the complaints dept.  Started with customer service who put me through to resolutions (despite asking for complaints) then passed to Billing, then to customer service then to NBN tech.  NBN tech is trying to get a senior tech person on the phone and assures me this Senior tech person is from NBN.  Waiting.......

0 Kudos
8 Replies
11B
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: What does it take for Optus to understand the issue and then properly act on it?

Classic, got put through to NBN Case Manager. He did some test and then set an appointment for the NBN engineer to visit on Monday.  He will also raise a request or something for someone from complaints to call me.

I am currently using my mobile hotspot as I've lost the internet again. Doh.

0 Kudos
Steven_YC

Re: What does it take for Optus to understand the issue and then properly act on it?

Hi @11B - Thanks for sharing this with us here.

Firstly, I apologise that there may have been some issues with your NBN when techs do arrive and attend your neighbours. I can understand how frustrating this could be when you've explained the issue multiple times and is causing further issues with your connection

From what you've explained, it sounds like it's somehow related to a wiring or technical issue that we will most likely need to raise and outline with clear notes to NBN so that they can investigate into this respective. Can you please send our Facebook or Twitter team a direct message? We'll get this raised for you with NBN.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

11B
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Any reason why someone can't do this on my behalf?  The number of times I have raised the issue and now I'm asked to do more.  A better service would be to raise this on my behalf, right?

Following the Optus process seems really pointless. 

The technician supposed to come last friday, did not come.  Having spent over an hour on Friday with the tech case manager who booked an NBN engineer visit for this morning (Morning), has been cancelled because NBN engineer magically "fixed the issue and tested without visiting the site".  No one in Optus bothered to confirm (and still hasn't) if this is infact fixed.  This cannot be confirmed until someone physically visits the site and check with me as well whilst the pillar case is opened.  That's my take it on to actually confirm the issue is fixed or not.

Now, Optus this morning have said, they'll raise a complaint with NBN and ask the case manager (Praveen) who raised the issue last week to now raise a issue with the customer relations. 

Result: no taking ownership, no one bothered to check if the issue is actually fixed, no one taking this matter seriously and escalating, issue still exists, paid 6 months of NBN fees but not receiving 100% service, issue still in the black hole as no one knows what will happen next.

0 Kudos
Tina_YC

We're sorry for the run around here, @11B. This is definitely not the experience we want our customers to be having. Please note that we’re unable to look into account details on Yes Crowd. Once you send us a Direct Message via Facebook or Twitter, we will try to assist you in the best possible way. Tina.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

11B
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Listen, tried facebook, tried other means...no one cares.  2 nbn tickets raised and both closed without anyone physically coming to the pillar and confirming with me.  Keep being told, issue is fixed.

HOW? WHEN?

Today at 2.45pm Perth Time, lost connection. Guess what I did? Went outside and as always, NBN engineer working on the pillar.  

Seriously OPTUS, must have heard million excuses.  Everyone promises and not a single person bothered to see it through.  Optus DOES NOT CARE.  Nearly or 7 months and still going on.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

0 Kudos
Jono_YC

It's disappointing to hear that we've left you feeling this way, @11B

If you’re still needing a hand, we recommend messaging us via the My Optus App. Our team is available 24/7 and are ready to assist customers as quickly as possible.

We're also available to assist via Social Media. Please send us a private message to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details for further assistance.

11B
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I've tried facebook.....optus app....phone call (today as well only for Priyanka to transfer a call and get a message ... you have called outside our working hours...blah blah blah).....what a waste?

0 Kudos
Steven_YC

Hey @11B - It's not great that there has been a couple of issues. 

Can you please send our try sending our Facebook or Twitter another message and advise what the handle name was? We can investigate to see what has happened. We'll then follow this up with you there as we're unable to grab personal details here.

Top Contributors