Searching...
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

What Phone on FTTC with Optus Phone bundle

helmie

Hi, hopefully someone can set me straight as I get so many conflicting answers it is unbelievable.

OK I will have (when I get the Modem I have ordered 4 weeks ago) FTTC Optus NBN 50 speed + phone bundle.

What type of phone can I (or have to) use on this plan.

I know the phone will need to be plugged in on the Optus Modem Router can I use a standard DECT Phone or will I need to get a VOIP phone.

I need to know before I go out and coff up the hard earned bucks.

Thanks in advance for the right answer

Re: What Phone on FTTC with Optus Phone bundle

SamSam

A Standard dect phone should do the trick but if you ask at the electronic store they can give you advice. I just plugged a very old phone that I used to use with a copper landline into the Optus modem on my NBN service and worked perfectly.

A suggestion of mine would be to a get a cordless phone set up. This was if the modem is in an inconenient place, you can have the base station there and then the other phones whereever you want in the house (within range). 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own

helmie

Hi Sam Sam,

Thanks for coming on, that is what I had originally thought, but then I was told no I would need a IP phone, today I actually went to 4 shops Centrecomm, Good Guys, Harvie Norman, and JB believe it or not nobody could tell me, they all sent me around the different shops.

And yes a 3 handset portable was my Idea since my Optus Modem is in a back room with the computer so not near a living area, I was even thinking of a half way phone extender since our existing Uniden portable has no reception in the back room.

I think I will hang off buying one until my NBN is all set up and then try what you did.

Thanks

Solution

SamSam

I think because the NBN is still so new for so many people, there can be some confusion. I think waiting is a good idea as well as checking the return policy on whatever you buy. Most of the places you named would take back the handset if it didn't work I'd say as long as you're careful with it. 

Best of luck!

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
68 Kudos
24 Kudos
16 Kudos
11 Kudos
10 Kudos