Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
kingeo11
New Contributor
New Contributor

Website not working when using NBN

Hi team,

I am unable to access a university website since being connected to my NBN which was recently set up 2 weeks ago.

I have been able to isolate that it is a problem with the NBN, as I was able to access this website when I had the previous ADSL2 or when I connect my laptop via mobile hotspot. Further, I have ensured that it is not a problem with my laptop as I have also tried on multiple devices and the site does not work.

I called Optus on 29/3/21 and they guided me through some basic troubleshooting which ended with me resetting my router. Even after resetting the router the university website still does not work. To be clear the website only works when I am not connected to NBN.

Could you please help to fix this issue? Is there a problem with the gateway? Is there certain router settings that I must fix? This issue is urgent as I need access to the website to complete my university assignment and it can be a pain connecting to the WIFI or hotspot and vice versa (I am trying to conserve my data as I stream lecture videos and also need to visit the website listed above).

Thanks,

AT

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Ness_YC

Re: Website not working when using NBN

Hey @kingeo11, it's not great to learn that you're unable to access your university website when connected to NBN. My apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Since you've already completed some basic troubleshooting, I would recommend referring to a similar forum that provides a few suggestions regarding DNS settings.

If issues persist, we kindly ask that you reach out to our friendly Messaging Team again via the My Optus App as they should be able to escalate this matter with the relevant Technical Senior Experts who'll be able to investigate and provide further insight. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

Top Contributors