Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: We can adjust SagemCom F@st3864 settings - stop treating us like children

Gee, your lucky!

What type of service and model etc. of Sage do you have.

No 'voice' on mine, as it only gives the following:

Screen Shot 2017-02-05 at 11.48.44 am.png

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

You need to gain admin rights on the modem by a method which is elsewhere on the web. I did this some time ago, the link may have been in the whirlpool forums......?  There are a few steps to complete and an hour or so to invest. A search with appropriate terms should get you to pages.

Cheers,

A

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

I have looked on whirlpool  before, and I believe that with every firmware update, Optus makes it harder to do this, but I will have another look at whirlpool to see what stage this is now up to.

Thanks for the info, A.

btw: It would, obviously, be better if Optus woke up to themselves and HELPED THEIR CUSTOMERS!!! achieve this.

C M

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi Nghi. I have the same opinion on the Sagemcom supplied by Optus. It is an expensive door stop. My family have ordered  Netcomm NF17ACV router as a present to me. Should be delivered soon. They did their homework before purchasing this router to ensure that it would be NBN friendly. It is registered and compliant with the NBN, however from what I have read so far on the forum, I will not get voip working unless I get the config from Optus. I understand that Optus can only support Sagemcom when things go wrong etc. I also note that people are hacking the router to obtain the settings to use in their BYO routers? Would it not be smart and customer friendly to at least help people with compliant routers get the best they can from their service? Obviously if the router craps itself, call the manufacturer. Easy enough to reconnect the Sagemcom for any tweaking that Optus might want to do then revert back using the BYO? 

There must be an end in sight with this unbelievable state of affairs with very upset customers and, from what I hear, a pile of complaont forms, building at the TIO.

Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

@Aungsan - I do get what you're saying, it's valid feedback but it's not something we're able to support or instruct on set up, sorry 😞

I do know we've got some awesome members of the forum who'd be happy to help.

Apologies if this isn't the outcome you were hoping for 😞 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Well, Aungsan, you got your answer straight from the 'horses mouth'!

Basically, the same answer, every time, from Optus.  

What Optus is really saying to ALL of their customers who KNOW this Sage modem is CRAP is:-  GET STUFFED!!

All we are asking from Optus is the necessary information to allow us to connect our own router to their 'modified' Sage modem, so that it just becomes a 'dumb' access point, as well as the sip information, so that we can use our own phone number (if we want to), all at our own expence and risk, if anything goes wrong with our own router or ata.

We are still going to be using, and paying for, NBN FTTN access via Optus.

They know that this Sage is crap, and they know that we (CUSTOMERS) also know that it is crap, yet Optus will NOT help, or allow, their CUSTOMERS to do anything about it, unless we use option B, as shown below.

Hence, posts like this one, and lots of Whirlpool forums about Optus, and this problem, that Optus continually ignores.

I guess Optus is really saying to 'our customers' is that your options are:

A) Stay with us and put up with our Crapcom modem, until hell freezes over.

B) Use forums or posts to try and get the info you need, with no help from us, and at your own risk.

C) Leave - and go to a better company. - Starting to sound good!

I wonder if the Optus upper mamagement really hear, or care about, the complaints THEIR CUSTOMERS make about this Sagemcrap modem, or does it only get as far as a 'moderator', who then file it in the rubbish bin?

Hey AlexRH! -  can you point us in the right direction, so that we can get this 'super super secret ' info, and fix up the Optus stuffup!

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Well, it does prove a few things. Condescending remarks are fine. Suggesting customers 'hack' their routers is OK. Telling lies is the norm. Mistepresentation also norm.

Remember their advert....'NO GOTCHAS' ? 

Not going to take this treatment though. I was not informed of the many draw backs associated with this service at the time of signing up. Just the upselling of postpaid deals.

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Well, you might be lucky to be able to get out of your contract owing to the untold hassles re their NBN FTTN service.

'NO GOTCHAS', well they pulled the wool over a lot of peoples eyes, there, then didn't they! - And GOTUS!

Me, well I am at A), but hoping either, B) will help, or maybe hell will thaw a bit and Optus will actually help their customers!!

But C), at the end of my contract, is always a possibility!

I had better start changing all of my e mail addresses FROM optusnet TO gmail- something that is isp neutral!

Good luck to you, what ever you decide to do.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Marshy!

I spent 7 hours on and off today with Sales, Service and the 'tech team'. ATM my new Netcomm is hooked up to the net but with no phone. They seem like nice folk and I have not been given the finger (yet) like on here and chat. I have to be without phone for 24 hours to see if what ever they are doing will help. At this stage I'll give them the benifit of the doubt. So, my time and the time of all the individuals involved today must seem worth it to Optus management. BTW I have 50/20 deal and was peaking at 31/15 with the Sagemcom. Two minutes later with the Netcomm hooked up I was doing 51/30. Used the Optus speed test site. My wifi speed have nearly trippled out of the box. I actually placed the extender I had to buy, at the back of the house so that visitors and I can now surf while fanging on a sausage. That is what lifes all about. There are about 9 people at my bbq that are waiting to hook up with NBN. Guess which company they won't be signing up with? If a company uses Sagemcom then the deal is off!

Will keep you guys upto date on what eventuates. The guy I'm dealing with now seems genuinely willing to go the extra mile...he works for NBN Co. I also had a quick chat to TIO. They sent me a form to fill in if needed. BTW they have heard this all before.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I love NetComm gear!  I have an ex-Telstra (yes, I left them - soooo greedy) 4GM3W modem, which is simple, tiny and dual band with 802.11ac. I too was struck with disbelief at the poor wireless capability of SamemCom, so a simple ethernet cable from NetComm into one of the Sagem ports and turn off Sagem WiFi - instant 433Mps 5GHz WiFi speed providing loads of headroom to give line speed level WiFi. With a 64GB USB3.0 stick in the NetComm's port I have a very efficient NAS under control of NetComm's excellent software.  Sagem is just a pass through device out of sight, out of mind.

0 Kudos