Searching...
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Was is it so hard to remain an Optus customer?

AnthonyJohnston

I've been an Optus customer for over 15 years. In January this year NBN (Cable) became available in my street. As an existing customer I signed up on a 24 month $70 plan with a 6 month free access period. The first date available for installation was 4th April. I take a time-in-leui day for the installation. The tech turns up and says they can't do the installation because I don't have a Telstra cable connection! No I don't, I've been an Optus customer for 15 years. Someone will need to come back to install a new cable from the pole. When I rebook the installation I'm offer a free month of service. Second attempt, 27th May. I take another time-in-leui day for the installation. The tech turns up. Where's the Telstra cable. That's what the last tech asked. Can you please update your records so the next tech knows that a cable needs to be run from the pole to the house. Will do. When I rebook the installation I'm offer another free month of service.Third attempt, 17th June. This time I take annual leave. Tech turns up. Where's the Telstra cable? The job says you have a Telstra cable. Unbelievable. I can't install from the pole but I will call my boss and we'll make sure that someone comes as soon as possible. Forth attempt, same day. The tech shows up in the afternoon with a ladder but unfortunately the weather has changed and it is now blowing a gale. Sorry, I can't go up the pole is this weather. You will need to book in again. I ring and complain and try to book in again. It seems my order has now been cancelled. I will have to place a new order. Can you honour my original order with the 6 months free access plus the two months that were offered as compensation? I can't but I'll transfer you to the retention department. I'm transferred but receive a message saying it is outside of business hours and the call drops. OK. I'll try again tomorrow. Call today, tell my story and are told that I'll need to transfer you to the retention team. The call is transfer and I sit on hold for around 15 mins. As the the call is picked up it I'm hung up on. I call back, tell my story again and are transferred to the retention team. Sit on hold for 35 minutes but have to have up as my boss is calling on the other phone. I call back again, tell my story and the friendly person at the call centre tells me that it is outside of business hours for the retention team. I will call you tomorrow and hopefully we can solve your problem.

Why is it so hard to remain an Optus customer? Should I persist and wait to see what tomorrow brings?

Solution

Re: Was is it so hard to remain an Optus customer?

Ray_YC

Hi,
Thank you for raising this issue and it is disappointing to read about your experience.
This is however not something that we can assist with here on the forum as we don't have access to or visibility of customer accounts.
If you have a social media account, please send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details (copy and pasting the above along with your account details would kick things off).
If not, please Chat with us or Message Us from your My Optus App under the Help menu. 

If for some reason it is still not resolved, please follow our complaints process.
Let us know how you go. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
105 Kudos
39 Kudos
31 Kudos
12 Kudos
12 Kudos