cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Warning of cancellation of NBN home services

Just a warning ⚠️ guys. Don’t ever called Optus for a cancellation of NBN services until the day you move out. I messaged them for a cancellation of service on the 29/8. Since I will be leaving on that day. And one of their colleague said there is a system error when he submitted the cancellation since the date changes itself to today. And there is no way to amend it aft they submitted the cancellation form. Like imma utterly 😐 I think they expected me to live without internet until the day I leave this country 🤦🏻‍♀️

I have heaps of video to edit and pretty sure my phone data will run out within 2 days .. why do I hv to go through this when there is a system error .. 🤦🏻‍♀️
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Warning of cancellation of NBN home services

Yeah, that's pretty poor. FWIW you can reconnect to the NBN in a few hours (if not minutes). The hard bit is getting connected the first time.

I would suggest you grab a Launtel plan as they do day to day plans (i.e. switch speeds every day, including to 0 which means you pay nothing for that day. Bump it to 100/40 on days you're doing video processing). Or you could use Mate. They have a 30 day money back option so that would make it free until you left the country.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Warning of cancellation of NBN home services

Yeah am still waiting for their ppl to call me for solution. And I am pretty sure it won’t happened anytime soon since it’s almost 8PM now 🤦🏻‍♀️ Will look into those ..
thanks !
0 Kudos
Top Contributors