Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
klf_7
New Contributor
New Contributor

Want out of nbn contract!

Hi

Just wondering if anyone else has gotten out of their nbn contract due to Optus faults/service issues?

We had nbn for 6 days before it dropped out. Multiple online chats and calls with Optus got us nowhere! They ended up sending a nbn technician out who thought they were here for a new installation - which I had expressed many times previously that we had nbn before it dropped, never to reconnect! So now it is 20 days without nbn and I'm right back at the start - with the issue lying within Optus.

Am I best to go through the ombudsmen? Or will Optus just flat cancel the contract seeing as they can't supply the service, not to mention all the stuff around!

Thanks for any advice 👍

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Yeldarb
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Want out of nbn contract!

I would speak to Optus and get them to cancel the service if you can't resolve the issue in a reasonable time frame. The Ombudsman is always an option however even they will tell you to speak with Optus and let them know what you want to do.

0 Kudos
ESL
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Want out of nbn contract!

I just submitted a complaint with TIO as they were helpful before when I had Telstra NBN. I had a drop out at 12:40am this morning and my daughter couldn't do a Uni lecture - this is the 2nd or 3rd drop out in only 2 weeks of service and I've had enough of chats and calls. Telstra wasn't much better and more expensive so we're stuck with this ridiculous NBN service which cannot even be compared with the so alled 3rd world countries. Contact the TIO and set your compensation claim for your troubles - I'm thinking of getting wireless internet instead to be honest (on the 4G network) but not sure if it will be reliable.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors