cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor LMDa
New Contributor

Wall bracket

Can anyone tell me where to get a wall mounting bracket for our new Optus supplied Sagemcom modem. GatewayF@ST 3864V3HP ? Thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

Re: Wall bracket

If you have asked Optus and they don't supply it, an engineering student in Adelaide appears to make them on a 3D Printer - https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3771562 . His details are viewable on the Nortronics link.

eBay also has small adjustable shelves for set top boxes and other small electronic equipment with cable slots that may also be suitable.

0 Kudos
New Contributor LMDa
New Contributor

Thanks for your suggestions. Optus don't supply one. They told me on my third attempt that they don't recommend wall mounting it (even though there are slots on the back) because it may lead to outages. I would still like to try. Cables everywhere at the moment.
0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

@LMDa

Unfortunately, we don't supply wall brackets/mounts. As for the advice you were given regarding outages, I don't think that's correct. If anything, mounting the modem above ground level should positively impact speeds/signal stability. 

--------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor LMDa
New Contributor

Hi Dan,

Can you tell me why Optus don't supply a wall bracket when the device is obviously made to accomodate one? 

0 Kudos