cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

View log file

how do i view the logs from my Sagemcom F@st3864V3HP i have looked in the Advance section but cannot see anywhere where i can view the log file.

7 Replies
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: View log file

Hi linuts,

Doing a quick lookover some other forums including Whirlpool advises the Sagemcom F@st models don't have a log file.

If you like you can chat with our Technical Support team to double check.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Thanks for the reply...If there is no log file how are we supposed to track the constant drop outs that occur with this sagecom. In my old modem the logs were a great help when something happened to the Internet Connection,

Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Optus should have a log on their end. You could always have a chat with our Technical Support team 🙂 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Seriously, no log file? How are we supposed to track our own router activity and do our own trouble-shooting? I have never heard of a router that doesn't have a log.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Scottt the bot that is answering you is not very helpful. On my OPTUS router connected to NBN  there is an option to go to logs but nothing on the Sagemcom NBN modem

Modem Settings

then go to 

Maintenance

then go to 

Logs

That should work although it is a bit temperamental to use and sometimes does not return the log. Very unreliable piece of kit as far as keeping track of itself. My optus technician advised keeping a manual log of the dropouts and noting if it is the NBN modem or the Sagemcom. $50+ billion for a system that nobody can tell whether it is up or down at anytime of the day, unless you use a piece of paper and a pencil on-site!!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Josephs for your response.

I don't see Modem Settings - Maintenance on my Optus Router menu.

I am browsing to http://192.168.0.1/ - is that correct?

I only see options: Home, My Network, Parental Controls, Setup and Configuration, Advanced Settings.  I have gone through all sub-options and there is nothing relating to logs. Other Optus customers have said the same thing.

Thanks,

Scott

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Ive been looking for the same thing myself.

Ive found a similar Sagem modem manual, and it shows the "system log" to be under 

"Maintenance" menu and between "Settings" and "Access Control".

But clearly its been removed.

Its ridiculous that Optus have disabled the monitoring of how much data we're using.

The only way to do it properly is through the modem, not by tallying up every device connected, wired and wireless of data usage of each device. Crazy.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors