cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor Cuperio
New Contributor

Very slow speeds, constant dropouts since moving over to FTTN NBN - My Optus Nightmare

Thought I'd try and get diff opinions.

Since moving over from ADSL to FTTN NBN its been an absolute joke. Constant dropouts, Slow speed. I live in Leeming, WA (Bateman EXCH) - Running F@ST3864V3AC modem/router supplied from Optus.

Few days now, its been virtually unusable. It's actually Christmas day today and we can't watch TV on Fetch. Instead I'm trying to salvage what speed connection I can out of my connection...Luckily I have a tech coming Thursday 27th Dec which took a few calls to support over a period of 3 - 4 months.

After resetting modem to factory around 3 times etc. Finally the "Internet" light has come on.

From the stats within the modem, not very impressive.

Modem Stats

Downstream 674
Upstream 3667

Speedtest.net
0.27 Download
Upload 1.92

I'll let you know what the tech finds. But I have to say my experience has been an absolute nightmare to say the least. Hardly had issues with ADSL. My family is unable to watch TV, my wife and I are unable to remote in and work from home. Just horrible.

Has anyone been in a similar state? Would changing this Sagecom modem help the cause? Really desperate now.

5 Replies
Crowd Champion Davelew
Crowd Champion

Re: Very slow speeds, constant dropouts since moving over to FTTN NBN - My Optus Nightmare

Hi

The technician coming may provide some answers. In the mean time, if you are able, I would try to speak to some others in your road seeing what speeds they are getting with NBN and with which provider. This should enable you to know if it is just your house with the slow speeds or if other houses with Optus are slow as well.

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
New Contributor Cuperio
New Contributor

Re: Very slow speeds, constant dropouts since moving over to FTTN NBN - My Optus Nightmare

Cheers, another update,
I've received a phone call today from customer service advising that NBN Co. has run some line tests, and according to them its "3rd party interference" meaning could be existing modem or somekind of internal line issue. Optus are sending over replacement Sagecom v3 modem so hopefully when that arrives I can test again. Also I do have a line splitter installed for my previous ADSL conection (mostly for home alarm monitoring). Not sure if anyone has experienced/knows a line splitter causing these types of issues?

0 Kudos
New Contributor Bewise
New Contributor

Hi

I live in Gledhill Way, not far from the exchange and I am experiencing exactly the same issue.

Has your connection improved?

Let me know which number to call Optus on and your ticket or support number and I’ll make some noise too.

I am using the same modem as you combined with Google WiFi.

When it’s going it’s great but it frequently drops out 😢

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor

No splitter required for NBN. Please remove it, if still attached.

0 Kudos
New Contributor Cuperio
New Contributor

Tech arrived, There seemed to be 2 pits in out front yard

The connection from our house to one of the pits was fine but the connection from that pit to the other was open??

Seemed to have fixed our connection but however havent manage to properly test speeds yet. Will post later after I've tested.

Top Contributors