cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Very slow internet

I am experiencing very slow internet for the last 2 weeks. I am in the Belmont , Lake Macquarie area. Is there any reason for this. I asked my neighbour & he agreed that it was very slow. But why ???

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Very slow internet

We'll need more info/detail. What type of internet connection? If NBN, what type of connection? Uploads and downloads? All day/night or at certain times?

What troubleshooting have you done?

In the meantime, please visit our troubleshooting help and support page.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

NBN to a node connection.The uploads & downloads were pathetic. The slowness was happening at any time of the day & night. Strangely just now things seem a lot better. Did somebody wave a magic wand & remove the gremlins ?????  Really it was so bad I could understand how some people could throw their computers out the window.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Great to hear it's since returned to normal. No magic wand that I know of!

There may have been tower updates or an outage which can always be seen on our network status page.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Still experiencing slow inet. It takes my computer about 3 hours to warm up.Just now I was playing music via a Google mini home that was a xmas gift. The music stopped & the voice informed me it was because I was using another device (my computer).The Google works on wifi.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Bugger. Can only suggest our troubleshooting page as per earlier response or to log a fault or contact us.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

NBN is behaving itself & I can say now that everthing is back to normal Yipeeeeeee !