Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
ScoobyDooDoo
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

VPN stopped working with latest upgrade to Sagemcom

I have NBN services using Sagemcom Gateway F@st 5366 LTE.  I use a VPN to access work.

Today the router upgraded to firmware and I can no longer use the VPN.

I can confirm it was the upgrade because I actually have 2 Sagemcom gateways which were both working using the 4G sim card.  As soon as I connected them to the NBN they did the firmware update and now  no VPN connection.

I have been on Optus Messenger and support all day but they don't seem to think it's a problem

I can't seen any config you can do in the router to enable anything

Any help would be appreciated

0 Kudos
22 Replies
Kyri_YC

Re: VPN stopped working with latest upgrade to Sagemcom

Hey @ScoobyDooDoo. It's not great to hear that you are having some troubles with your VPN.

From what I can gather, due to the new firmware update being installed on your Optus modem, this may have potentially changed your IP address, which has now made your VPN not work.

As that is the case, I recommend taking a look at cleaning your current VPN profile and having it set up again to see if that helps out.

If you try this and continue to have troubles, feel free to reach out to our teams on Facebook and Twitter and they will be more than happy to help out with this matter further from there.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

YetAnotherAcc
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

There have been some reports of newest firmware breaking VPN for a some people, and it has nothing to do with IP address changes.
ScoobyDooDoo
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

No its not a fixed IP VPN.

PC at home connects by VPN to fixed IP address at work. 

The IP address of the PC, which is where the Optus router is, is not relevant as it connects using PPTP with user name and password.

Worked before firmware update and not after

0 Kudos
Rob_YC

We recommend raising this with our Technical Support team via the My Optus app @ScoobyDooDoo, our Messenger team can take a look into this and raise an escalation case for this. 

If for some reason you’re unable to use the My Optus app, please send a private message to the official Optus Facebook page or Twitter page for further assistance.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

ScoobyDooDoo
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I did that yesterday for almost 8 hours. I went through 10 agents and got passed from NBN to tech support.

1 agent seemed to understand the issue and raised a ticket with Tech Support. Within 5 minutes tech support rang and cancelled the ticket and created a ticket with NBN team.

I rang the Optus NBN team would said it wasn't their issue because I had access to the internet and tried to put me over to tech support.

Tech support said to contact my VPN provider and refused to speak to me.

I tried to escalate the call but all I was offered was "Premium Support".

I rang them to humor myself and they wouldn't do anything until I paid them a fee

That was 8 hours of my day !

Directing me to tech support doesn't help.

0 Kudos
Rob_YC

We recommend sending a message through to our Social Media accounts @ScoobyDooDoo, our team can check that out further and escalate for you. 

0 Kudos
YetAnotherAcc
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Optus have now acknowledged VPN problems with firmware. See here.

0 Kudos
ScoobyDooDoo
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Sagemcom have logged in and corrected one of my routers and are logging into the others I have as well.  Not sure what they are doing as a global solution for everyone else

0 Kudos
kel4x4
New Contributor
New Contributor

I have the same issue with two Optus customers with the same router. Cannot access PPTP VPN for the last few days. I have tried literally everything. Definitely the router causing the issue. How can I get support for this as I myself, am not an Optus customer.

0 Kudos