cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: User Management Secondary Email Addresses Gone

Hey @baleineblanche, I've attatched a screen shot below. I hope it helps. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Dan, but how do I get there.

I go into MY ACCOUNT and then select My Internet and then all I get that is related to an email address is CHANGE PASSWORD.  So I click on that and this is what I get.  The only email address that I get is "bethalphillips" and there is no other option to add anymore email accounts, it only allows you to change the password. I must be going to the wrong area.  

Thanks

Beth.Screenshot (2).png

Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

From the first screen in MYACCOUNT you should be able to scroll down and see your services (internet and mobile listed.)

Expand the item you want and the menus are on the left side (as Dan screen shotted above)

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

@baleineblanche,

What sort of service will the email addresses be attached to i.e. Cable, NBN, ADSL or Mobile broadband? There sounds like there’s a bit of confusion in regards to which self-serve platform you’ll need to use to make the change. Has the service been registered for Optus.com.au/myaccount?

The screen shot you’ve provided us with is for https://memberservices.optuszoo.com.au/(It’s really only used by our Cable customers to download invoices and change your bill delivery method). Are you able to send us a private message with your account details? We need your full name, DOB and account number. I just want to confirm that your service has been registered correctly from our end.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I am also unable to access the webmail management systen that used to be there. Not only that it has taken two weeks to have my primary and secondary email accounts recovered and resteored - but only at webmail level.

Imap download protocols does not appear to work anymore, either.

Not the service to which I was accustumed.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

You have not been there recently

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

It might be an obvious one, but it's worth asking.

Are you still using the temporary password we sent you, or have you changed it? If you've changed your password, have you updated the Optus account details stored on each device you use to access your email? 

How to change your Optus email password

1) Login to webmail using your existing username and password. If you’ve received a temporary password, you’ll need to use this one
2) Select the, ‘Settings’ tab from the top menu
3) Select, ‘Change Password
4) Enter your current password, you’ll need to enter your new password twice

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I Dan,

Great to see your still on the forum!  I believe change password in the account assumes you haven't forgotten it therefore whilst a clever pickup won't address the whole problem?

I also am struggling with this issues since a botched NBN migration. The original secondary emails I think still exist but can't get in to manage them. Manage means things like

1. change or reset password

2. Add/delete/modify emails

I note some bad advise was to use gmail instead by others.  Gmail (free service) is offered to customers at no cost as google uses the analytics and pushes in ads based on analysis of your data. The reason we use the secondary accounts includes greater privacy.  Hope that helps.

I am about to share this link with the TIO as I've run out of ideas here on how to fix the problem and have been working with optus for months trying to find a way to restore the management of secondary accounts. 😞 I don't understand why this is so complex! I had assumed its just a re-linking issue.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

This is a really old (3 years in fact) thread/issue for me but I will revisit with info from my memory compactor 🙂 . The signup contract with Optus specifically stated from memory we were entitled to I think 14, email addresses. The My Account section however only allowed 1 - your account email, plus 4 additional ones. The rest could be created and accessed in the MyZoo section, now member services. Today I can't even locate where to update the primary and 4 secondary emails anywhere. Staff have NEVER understood the process, resolved any tickets etc. They don't read threads either.

MY ADVICE: Forget @Optus email accounts. The reason people suggest gmail is the security should you change provider. Get yourself your own domain for around $80pa or less, with cPanel and set up your own email addresses which are yours and your families for life. You don't need to create a whole website. I suggest Zuver, or Bluehost. Cheers.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

CPanel with a domain is not bad, often overlooked.  That said I still want to resolve the issue with my secondary email accounts not here asking for advise on other companies offerings but advise on fixing the Optus offering.

I have secondary emails in active use before the migration and they are ideal for what I need.  I just need a solution.  Is it so hard, if what could be the issue? In any case I have active accounts I can't manage. Dan, any chance you could look into it for us?

BTW. The secondary account issue is the tip of the iceburg. Since migrating to NBN the account management is really broken. Issues from the interface looping (e.g. login, shows some kind of graph, then starts cycling over and over) to error messages all over the interface.  i suspect its all "related" to the problem with the migration of the accounts not being done properly. I've shot through a bunch of screenshots to the facebook optus dudes but haven't heard back in terms of any solutions.

Also invoices were lost on migration as the new portal can't display invoices from older services / account numbers, not sure why.  Particularly problematic as for our service they moved the account numbers more than once so invoices got lost for the NBN transition period. not sure if others hit this issue.

But a few reasons to seek out answers here to why secondary email account management is broken and I had understood some people got it fixed?

Dan do you think its a simple linking issue or is it something more serious?

0 Kudos
Top Contributors