Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
BigAlB
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Use optus @home before or after install

My NBN install is in 2 days.

Optus has sent me a txt to install and use optus @home

Should I run it on my existing ADSL network to capture data or wait for NBN install and it will help with the setup?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Ray_YC
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Use optus @home before or after install

Hi BigAlB,

Not sure what the contents of the text you received says, I would think it's related to the new install. 

The Optus @ Home app does have a Support section that includes a modem installation step by step guide.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
BigAlB
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I installed and ran it before the switch to NBN. This gave me my current speed (5Mbs) and connected devices. I could also see the NBN install instructions.

I ran it again after connecting my tablet and devices to the NBN to see they were all there and confim the speed was around 40Mbs.

0 Kudos
Ray_YC
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Nice one! It is a really great app. ☺️ 

Thanks for coming back to Yes Crowd to let us know.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos