Searching...

Usage meter going wildly up and down AGAIN!

UsageMeterWrong

The internet (NBN) usage meter is going up by much more than I have actually used and then goes down! This happened to me around December 2015/Jan 2016 (search yescrowd for UsageMetreOdd). On Oct 6, the meter increased by about 1.5GB more than I know I used. On Oct 7, the meter dropped about 800MB when the day ticked over to Oct 8 (at the midnight update), and then around noon on Oct 8 went back up by 1GB (no way I used that much).

Last time this happened, I called the Optus technician and he said they would investigate. It was never fixed - I simply waited for the end of my billing cycle and it worked properly again. The problem now is I am at the start of my cycle and I don't want to frequently check whether a massive jump puts me over my limit.

A search of yescrowd shows that meter inaccuracies have occurred to others.

I think I will need to complain to the Telecom Industry Ombudsman. If the meter is unreliable, then Optus is not providing the correct amount of data and this is a breach of contract.

Highlighted

Re: Usage meter going wildly up and down AGAIN!

Hollie

Heya!

That sounds really strange, the only reason a usage meter for NBN should change would be at the end of the bill period. More than happy to have a look at your daily usage breakdowns if you can PM me through your full name, DOB and the Optus Account number or Internet username.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
101 Kudos
63 Kudos
26 Kudos
25 Kudos
18 Kudos