cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
New Contributor mike3
New Contributor

Re: Update Modem/Router Firmware for F@ST3864V2

I have the same modem and the version seems to be:

Board ID:F@ST3864V3AC

Software Version:10.33_F@ST3864V3AC_Optus
Bootloader (CFE) Version:10.33
DSL PHY and Driver Version:A2pv6F039v.d26k1
Wireless Driver Version:1.366 RC5.0
Voice Service Version:Voice
Uptime:0D 0H 16M 58S
ConfigId:F3864V3AC_Optus_4.conf 

But this modem seems to be very buggy. I am trying to add a static IP address to the lan and clicking on Advanced setup/LAN/Add Entries just turns the screen blank. Hard to imagine this firmware not going through minimal UI testing before it went out.

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hey guys, I received the following response from the team. I hope it helps Smiley Happy 

V2 OP 8.353.1_F@ST3864OP_Optus we are upgrading to a new version in the coming months or so version is TBA

V2 AC 8.358_F@ST3864AC_Optus we are currently upgrading to V2 AC 8.379_F@ST3864AC_Optus

V2 OP 7.276 _F@ST3864_Optus this is the legacy BRAS / Cs2K VoIP

V3 OP 10.33_F@ST3864V3OP_Optus we are upgrading to a new version in the coming months or so version is TBA

V3 AC 10.33_F@ST3864V3AC_Optus we are upgrading to a new version in the coming months or so version is TBA

--------------------------------------------------------------
We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Occasional Contributor Eladab
Occasional Contributor

Excellent! Thanks Dan, that helps a lot!
0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

My pleasure Smiley Happy

If any other questions come up, you're welcome to reach out to us here. I hope the weekend is treating you well! 

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Hey Dan,

what is the main hardware difference between the V2 3864AC and the V3 3864AC modems?

Is it a significant improvement to the extent where it would justify upgrading from the V2 to the V3 ?

Cheers...

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

I'll dig up some info for you. The communication I've received isn't really detailed. 

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

I've got an update @Eladab

Networks have been kind enough to share a few details. I've listed the major differences below:

V3 vs V2.

-The V2 has onboard DECT hardware which has been removed in the V3. 

-The form factor - V3 stands vertically so that the WIFI coverage pattern is different to the V2 which sits horizontally.

-In a two storey home We found that coverage from the uprisers located AP might not be as good downstairs. The next V3 firmware update will address this with increase in the WIFI N power output.

-For WIFI AC the V3 has a better WIFI chipset which will improve performance

Broadcom 43602 chipset (3864V3) will outperform Broadcom 4360 chipset (3864V2) especially on shorter ranges

-The login admin GUI password is enabled and set to the SSID passphrase by default

-The dev login is randomised by default out of the box

-The device has better security features.

Occasional Contributor

Wow, thanks Dan...that's quite a considerable list of enhancements from the V2 to the V3 of the 3864AC modem. It sounds like it might indeed be worth the upgrade...is this possible? Also why was the DECT hardware in the V2 never utilised...I can't find it mentioned anywhere in the configuration software ? Cheers...
0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

I'm not an expert on the topic, but based on the advice I received onboard DECT wasn't being used. 

I'm happy to arrange an upgrade for you. You're looking at an upgrade cost of $40.00 for the V3.

If that's something you're interested in, send us a PM with your details.

I need your full name, DOB and account number. You'll just need to follow the PM link below:

http://yesopt.us/pmdan

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor RFBurns
Occasional Contributor

Guys, I've got the V2 F@ST3864AC modem/router, & since the last firmware update which it's now running, Version 8.379_F@ST8364AC_OPTUS, I've had nothing but trouble with regular random modem/router reboots.

The Internet (or NBN) connection isn't the issue I've tested it, it repeatedly syncs at 54999kbps, with an attainable rate of 136512kbps down, connection on FTTN & I have no trouble with speeds.

The problem is the modem totally reboots. I lose Internet, LAN & WiFi connection while it reboots, regularly.

I've tested by pulling the phone line out of the wall, & the internet drops out (obviously), but the router stays connected, so I know it's not the NBN connection dropping out causing the modem/router to reboot.

I haven't contacted support as that's painful to get anywhere, I was hoping Optus would find a fault in the firmware & fix it with a patch or new firmware version, but unfortunately not yet.

My modem could be faulty, but the issue has only become apparent since the latest frimware update.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors