Searching...

Re: Update Modem/Router Firmware for F@ST3864V2

Jessicannika

Thanks @Aman_B that's really great for @AJ87DJ but what about the rest of us who have the exact same issue? Can you not just post the solution publicly so everyone might benefit from this information??

chloesok

I can certainly appreciate your concerns here, @Jessicannika, and I do apologise for any inconvenience or frustration caused.

We do generally inspect these kinds of issues on a case-by-case basis, as all of our customers have individual connections and may have similar issues that are actually stemmed from different places - i.e. a customer may experience slow speeds due to a modem fault, while another may have a fault in their line. Additionally, due to privacy reasons, we're unable to discuss specific account details over public platforms such as forums, which is why we ask customers to private message us their personal details. 

If you are also having issues, you're welcome to PM us with some more information along with your full name, DOB and account or service number and we'd be more than happy to investigate any issues you're having in further detail. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

slamsliders

hi there,

i tried the factory reset method several times and still cant update my router, is there anyway to download the latest version for my

F@ST3864V2 with the software version 7.276_F3864V2_Optus.

thank you

Highlighted

Aman_B

Hi @ slamsliders- Could you please try updating the firmware as per details here

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

tori58

Oh puhlease! This is yet another demonstartion of an apparent total lack of knowledge in this area. It is surprising, or just plain scary, that an organisation which is in control of our communications infrastructure knows so little about what they are supposed to be controlling.

The pictures will tell the story. I did execute as admin. The file downloaded with your link was -E1762Update_11.126.16.04.74.B416.exe

and the result - 

optus su 2.jpg

I think in terms of the danger/security risk associated with running your crappy hardware and out of date firmware - I really only have 2 choices, after years of failure on your part.

1. See if Telstra have anything better.

2. Tell the ombudsman (It could take as long again to hear from him since he gets so many complaints), but at least I would have done the honourable thing.

Do you suggest either of these actions?

cd

Win 10 

[ Edited ]
AJ87DJ

Having spoken with the complaints section of Optus on Friday after lodging a Formal Complaint with the TIO about the reliability of services they advised me that they are in the process of having new modem/routers produced via another vendor

Clearly, this response tells me that they know that the Sagemcom V3 Routers (OP White & AC Black) have faults with them and don't want to admit it. Then the usual answer is "it must be an NBN issue, we will refer it to them for a technician to inspect your connection". 

Having had the NBN check my connection multiple times to find no fault at all yet the settings for the Internet and SIP are provided by the RSP, not NBN! 

I just tried the link provided to follow the instructions to update the firmware and get this... 

Screen Shot 2018-11-10 at 11.34.09 pm.png

I'm constantly losing my faith that Optus even know how to provide any sort of Telecommunications products and keep their Modems secure! 

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
102 Kudos
36 Kudos
31 Kudos
14 Kudos
13 Kudos