Searching...

Re: Update Modem/Router Firmware for F@ST3864V2

Shauna

Hey @Eladab - apologies for the confusion, I can see the link Aman has provided hasn't gone anywhere.

We don't actually have the information for firmware version numbers. This is done automatically. 

Sorry we couldn't be of much help!

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Eladab

Is Dan_C out there...he helped in the past with this question?

Dan_C in May 2018 you kindly gave the following info on firmware versions:

>>   V2 AC 8.358_F@ST3864AC_Optus we are currently upgrading to V2 AC 8.379_F@ST3864AC_Optus

Can you please advise if there have been any other firmware releases since then and if so, what version numbers?

Cheers...

AlexRH

Heya @Eladab, this isn't something we're able to assist with currently, apologies!

That said, I'll forward this through to Dan and see if he's able to provide some further insight. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Jessicannika

Hi @Dan_C i have the F@ST3864V2, but only running 7.276_F3864V2_Optus, i have done a factory reset but still did not get Firmware version- 8.353.1_F@ST5350_Optus can you please advise where i can download this from?

cheers.

Shauna

Hi @Jessicannika - thanks for getting in touch. Modems usually upgrade to the latest firmware automatically when reset, if there is an update available. 
I'm afraid we don't have any further info to share regarding firmware at this stage, however our faults department should be able to take a look at your modem via 131344 or Live chat. 

tori58

How long will Optus keep duck shoving this problem. You keep rollling out the same platitudes and solutions, none of which work.

I have spent ages on the phoneto the 'experts'. I have followed reset instructions. These have all turned out to be a stalling process.

Understand that your inability to  update a lot of modem/routers you supplied with NBN are increasingly subject to security issues, and you are put on notice that if someone does suffer due to either your lack of real interest or your technical incompetence, there will be only one responsibility ..... show some real business acumen and get someone who really understands this topic instead of some PR person.

GuyCS

Hi @tori58 - are you able to check your modem configuration to see if you're able to manually update the firmware?

You'll need to paste http://192.168.0.1 into your browser to access the config. If you're prompted for a username/password, it should be admin and password by default. Once in your config settings, navigate to Management > Update Software

Jessicannika

I know @tori58! It's like their app that hasn't worked for two years that no one seems to give a f#%k about, I've reported that countless times and still nothing, i was even instructed to factory reset my phone (Samsung Galaxy Note 8) by one of optus' "experts", luckily i knew better because 1. That would not have fixed anything and 2. I would have lost all my data/ files etc. off my phone because he never told me to back my phone up first! Experts, what a joke, clearly qualifications outta a Wheaties box...

Highlighted

[ Edited ]
AJ87DJ

..Do any of the Optus staff replying to these posts ever use these Modems??? 

I have had nothing but trouble with the Sagemcom V2 and V3 series. This has been raised on numerous occasions including flaws/errors within the user interface of both models.

Just had two of my V3 routers replaced which originally had a 2018 software build from the factory now replaced with two new V3 2017 manufactured models and the old Firmware. 

The "Auto Update" feature DOESN'T work at all...

Following all the instructions from many different posts from "CROWD SUPPORT" = WASTE OF TIME!

1. Turning the router off and on doesn't start the update process

2. Leaving it off for a while doesn't work

3. The routers won't reset correctly from the Optus team as they don't speak correctly over the network 

4. The Factory Restore doesn't work either

5. A reset from the back of the units is also a time waster 

The technical team don't understand the question when asked. Stop treating customers like they are incompetent and stupid.

In the day and age where Software Updates are key to Security and Stability unlike days have gone by I would expect Optus to be on top of such a critical part of an item connecting to their network.   

I've fault tested my multiple NBN connections delivered all over different technologies to be faced with the exact same issues constantly when the settings profile that is to be automatically applied aren't pushed correctly to the Routers.

Optus then book Technicians to test the NTD devices which all are stable and working correctly without any issues.  The only key cause I find is the Sagemcom Router!!! Yet I am required to use it and am stuck with the Sagecom to be able to use VOIP services as part of my plans.

Could someone from Optus contact me or private message me to discuss and address this ongoing matter?

Thanks! 

Aman_B

Hi @ AJ87DJ - This isn't really what we like to hear & I'm sorry this is the case. Please PM us your enquiry  details Here and we can look into this. 

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
104 Kudos
37 Kudos
30 Kudos
12 Kudos
12 Kudos