cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor DenisF
New Contributor

Re: Update Modem/Router Firmware for F@ST3864V2

I have an Optus modem/router F@ST3864V2 with software version 8.353.1_F@ST5350_Optus (build timstamp 160723_1855, presumably 23 July 2016).

Is a new version necessary/available to counter the widespread vulnerability recently publicised by the FBI and others?  Details here:

https://www.techrepublic.com/article/security-pros-beware-vpnfilter-malware-is-more-dangerous-than-f...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor sjd99
New Contributor

Hi, I seem to have a really old firmware version on my F@ST3864V2 router -  7.276_F3864V2_Optus.

What can be done to bring this up-to-date ?

New Contributor tori58
New Contributor

Ditto

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Tano
RetiredModerator

Hey @sjd99, we can raise it with our Network team to push through an update, I'd recommend giving the modem a factory reset and leaving it offline overnight (or whenever you're not using it), and then booting it back up to see if it pushes through the update. As I'm sure you're aware, doing so would also reset your network settings. Let us know how you go, beyond that though send through a private message with the full name, account number and DOB and we'll pass it through if the aforementioned doesn't get it done.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor TheBudd
New Contributor

Hi crowd, don't pay $40 for F@ST3864V3AC get it for free, you've been paying to much for to long. Also get the fastest FTTN speed you can get thrown in at the same time. We in Australia apparently live in a 1st world country with 3rd world infrastructure. Get what you can, for free.

0 Kudos
Contributor SteveGee
Contributor

Hey Dan

remember me?

the eight megabits guy paying for fifty.

wheres the promised modem mate.

black vs white remember the online chats line tests Ethernet tests phone calls high end team 

modem promised

ten bucks rebate 

2 year contract opt out.

where is the modem mate?

its August

first bill is due next week will be watching 

and then not paying and with a bit of luck

you might cut me off and release me 

from two years of grief.

Steve Gregory
0 Kudos
New Contributor tori58
New Contributor

The factory reset was a pathetic clutching at straws effort by technical staff who clearly don’t understand what they are doing. Of course it didn’t work, just produced a lot of work getting the still out of date device up and running again. I see Telstra are offering better modem/router, and we are out of contract . 

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Eladab
Occasional Contributor

Hey Dan,

in May 2018 you kindly gave the following info on firmware versions:

>>  V2 AC 8.358_F@ST3864AC_Optus we are currently upgrading to V2 AC 8.379_F@ST3864AC_Optus

Have there been any other firmware releases since then and if so, what version numbers?

Cheers...

0 Kudos
Moderator Aman_B

Hi @ Eladab - To check or get an update on the modem please follow our online help Here. Please let us know if this helps. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Eladab
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

the link that Aman gave me was the following:

https://www.optus.com.au/shop/broadband/e1762upgrade?_ga=2.177436512.419114861.1536325043-1727388532...

The file that downloaded from this link and then when executed says Wizard to upgrade firmware of Huawei E176 Data Card ?!?!

Then it says can't find Data Card ?!?!?!

Can you please explain?

0 Kudos
Top Contributors