Searching...

Re: Underground cable/conduit

Dan_C

@WessyBoy

Hmm, I'm going to need to send an email to our centre manager for live chat. They definitely need to be across this one. I can assure you that we're not taking any more NBN-HFC orders. I've spoken with a consultant and she's actually confirmed that as of yesterday we're not taking any more orders.

In fact, I received new communication from management at 5:11PM confirming the exact same thing. Are you sure that the consultant wasn't under the impression that you could get Optus HFC after the 12th? That makes more sense.

""Roll back of our NBN HFC responses via our service qualification will commence form the 7th of December 2017. This will mean Optus stop sell for NBN HFC service class 21,22 & 23 from COB Thursday the 7th of December."

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

WessyBoy

Dan, I have posted the text of the live chat

Basically I want to move to Optus for my Broadband as I want Optus Sport and Telstra are increasing my price in Jan-2018

My obstacle was that my wife did not want cable from pole to home given Telstra currently use cable in conduit on driveway

My undersatnding is that Optus can now use this for NBN can it be used for Non-NBN HFC?

As you can imagine I am very disppointed as was incorrect information in the expectation I could place an order

Grateful if you could help me get some postive resolution on this

regards

Kevin wesson

0418 727 622  

[ Edited ]
petergdownload

Hi Kevin,

I've read a few posts today that suggest NBNCo have set the 11th back to the 5th or so. Essentially Optus can request you are connected to the NBN but NBNCo are now saying no (i.e. the gate has shut and you will have to wait like the rest of us). Smiley Sad At this point Optus can no longer connect you to the NBN.

Optus can't use the Telstra cable. Its possible that Optus won't connect you to the Optus broadband during this period (although also likely they will). I would suggest you tell you wife that any Optus (overhead) cable will be a short term thing. The entire network is due to be scrapped in 1-2 years and once you're not using it (in six months) you can request it be taken down. 

You can get Optus installed now, get Optus sport etc.) and in 6 months when NBNCo start taking orders to hook up new HFC customers you just tell Optus to transfer you over (They'll use the Telstra conduit). Once up and running you can get the cable removed. (Nice bonus is you get to keep your OPtus cable seperate from the NBN install so you'll have no downtime while you swap over)

Hope that helps.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

PS Functionally (speeds you can get) NBN Cable and Optus Cable are pretty much the same. So going Optus cable for the next six months is pretty much the same as joining the NBN.

Highlighted

Dan_C

I've got that one @WessyBoy, thanks for shooting that through.

We're unable to use Telstra cable to provide with an Optus service. The infrastructure was purchased by NBNco to be able to provide NBN-HFC at a wholesale level. I can't speak for Telstra obviously, I'm not sure what's happening with their existing HFC infrastructure and whether they'll be doing new connects. I seriously doubt that'd be the case.

We might be able to offer you an Optus cable service but that really depends on whether we have infrastructure available in your area. Have you noticed any thick black cable hanging a few metres below the street power cables within your street? Otherwise your best bet is ADSL.

There are also a number of mobile broadband services such as Home Wireless broadband and Vivid Wireless broadband. There's been a pretty large uptake of these services of recent, it's just another option.

Are you able to send through your address via PM? I'll complete a couple of checks for you.

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
105 Kudos
37 Kudos
29 Kudos
12 Kudos
12 Kudos