Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Joz1965
New Contributor
New Contributor

Unable to send receive on nbn

Since been on NBN since Dec 2018 my emails will not send receive. Spent 6 hours attempting to get this fixed Optus support staff haven't a clue and it's impossible to speak to a supervisor. Tech support promised one would contact me last Friday just to get me off the live chat, never had a supervisor call me back.. Anyone out there know how to fix? Please!!

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jp928
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Unable to send receive on nbn

Spoiler
If all other aspects of iternet are ok your problem seems to be related to your email set up. Do you get any error msgs? If my internet is down and I try send/receive I get an error like 'cant find mail server'.
What program are you using? What is the name (or IP) of the mail server you are pointed at? Can you ping the mail server, as in-
RUN cmd
C:>ping <mail server name>

If the ping fails (msg 'time out') the server name is wrong. eg my optus server is "mail.rdc1.nsw.optushome.com.au" for incoming and outgoing. Windows mail set up has a 'test settings' button - try it, if relevant.
Go into Mail in control panel to get details.

jp
0 Kudos
jp928
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Unable to send receive on nbn

Spoiler
If all other aspects of iternet are ok your problem seems to be related to your email set up. Do you get any error msgs? If my internet is down and I try send/receive I get an error like 'cant find mail server'.
What program are you using? What is the name (or IP) of the mail server you are pointed at? Can you ping the mail server, as in-
RUN cmd
C:>ping <mail server name>

If the ping fails (msg 'time out') the server name is wrong. eg my optus server is "mail.rdc1.nsw.optushome.com.au" for incoming and outgoing. Windows mail set up has a 'test settings' button - try it, if relevant.
Go into Mail in control panel to get details.

jp

0 Kudos