Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
YetAnotherAcc
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Unable to see notifications

Is anyone else having problems accessing the yescrowd notifications page? I get the following error:

Your request failed. Please contact your system administrator and provide the date and time you received the error and this Exception ID: 14E5EC1E.

Its not browser/device dependent as its erroring on both Firefox & Chrome on my PC and Chrome on my phone.

21 Replies
JohnHy
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Error message on Yes crowd page

After replying to a post, I noticed a green panel at top right with a bell icon and numeral 4.

I clicked on it and got

An Unexpected Error has occurred.
  • Your request failed. Please contact your system administrator and provide the date and time you received the error and this Exception ID: 743E4CC6.

Click your browser's Back button to continue.

What is the bell trying to tell me?
0 Kudos
Tigers1719
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Error message on Yes crowd page

@JohnHy  The bell is a notification, someone likes your post or has replied etc. There is an issue with notifications, a few posts have reported the error issue with notifications.

I am an Optus user.
AndrewC1
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Re: Unable to see notifications

YES. Same error.

Makes yescrowd unusable for checking feedback on threads you have responded to.

Ray_YC
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Thanks everyone for raising this issue.

It seems like it's only impacting some users, I'm not having an issue bringing up my notification feed page (using Chrome and Android mobile).

We'll have it looked into, we'll be asked these questions, could you please confirm:

* What browser(s) have you tried?
* Have you tried clearing your cache, deleting temporary internet files, etc.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
YetAnotherAcc
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

@Ray_YC wrote:

* What browser(s) have you tried?

PC - Chrome 84.0.4147.125 (64-bit)
PC - Firefox 57.0 (64-bit)
Android - Chrome 79.0.3945.93

* Have you tried clearing your cache, deleting temporary internet files, etc.

Its not due to stale cache/cookies/temp files as it happens while in incognito mode as well (fresh browser session). And to prove the point I have flushed all on PC Chrome and still same issue.

Tigers1719
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

@Ray_YC  Mac  Chrome 84.0.4147.125 and Safari 13.1.2 (15609.3.5.1.3)
Chrome is default browser and Safari had never been used for Yes Crowd.

Android Phone Opera 59.1.2926.54067.  

Thank you Ray.

I am an Optus user.
JohnHy
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Tigers,

Notifications is what I expected, but still broken.

It's up to 8 now - I suspect some are the blizzard of 'encouragement' messages for newbies from Yes crowd, duplicated in email? But I can't see them.

Just checked: same problem under Firefox - I usually read mail etc on Chrome. Windows 10.   Optus / Khoros may want to take a look?

I've now given you and Peter thumbs up - and again personal thanks for your help - but can't mark either issue as solved as (1) the Fetch magically 'fixed' itself and the bug may well recur, and (2) the notifications error is solid.

John

0 Kudos
Kartika

Hi @YetAnotherAcc, @Tiger1719 and @JohnHy appreciate the details. I have forwarded this to Ray to be look into. Thanks once again. 

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
JohnHy
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Kartika.

Now up to 10 unreadable (because of the error) notifications and counting.

Hope Ray can reproduce the error and fix it.

John

0 Kudos