Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Thunderbolt
New Contributor
New Contributor

Unable to print since moving to Optus NBN

Hi can anyone help with loss of printing since NBN connection a few days ago?

I have a Brother HL-1210W(E).

I have tried to uninstall the printer on my Windows 10 laptop, but I consistently get a message "another instance if this setup is already running."

Thanks Don

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Casey_YC

Re: Unable to print since moving to Optus NBN

Hi there, @Thunderbolt.

Thanks for raising this with us here. 

Often you would need to reconnect your printer to the WiFi (if it's a WiFi printer) and then delete and re-add the printer to your computer. 

One way to explain is that your printer has an “address” that your old modem knew about. But now you have a new modem and connection and it doesn’t know your printer's address.

Hopefully this helps. If not, please let us know and we will do our best to assist further.

Alternatively, you're welcome to chat with the Technical team by messaging us via the My Optus App. The team is available 24/7 and are ready to assist customers as quickly as possible.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

Thunderbolt
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi Casey, thanks for your reply.

In your 1st paragraph you said :
"Often you would need to reconnect your printer to the WiFi (if it's a WiFi printer) and then delete and re-add the printer to your computer."

How do I physically connect my printer to the WiFi & which WiFi.? The old one (Broadband) or the new one (NBN)?

Thanks Don
0 Kudos
Casey_YC

Hi there, @Thunderbolt

You are wanting to connect your printer to the new WiFi connection name and would need to refer to your printer manual, for the directions on how to connect this up for your model. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

Thunderbolt
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanx Casey for your assistance. I was able to get the printer to work by connecting it to my laptop with a cable during the set-up phase.

Thanks again.

Cheers Don