Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

URGENT: Internet connection is down

Hey, my internet connection is down since morning of 31/03, tried to contact the technical team on phone waited for more than an hour but no answer.
I need my connection back ASAP as all uni classes moved online now.
Please respond!!
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted

Re: URGENT: Internet connection is down

Hey @JamesKarroum, so sorry to hear that you've been having some trouble getting online today - I can appreciate that it'd be stressful if you've got school work to complete!

First and foremost, there's a few steps you'll need to complete to ensure that you've ruled out any network or equipment issues:

-  Check our Network Status page to ensure there are no interruptions in your area. If there’s a live outage going on, you'll be prompted to log your fault to receive SMS updates. 

- Switch your modem off for 30 seconds and then back on again

- When your modem is back on and finished its start up process, confirm if the WAN, Internet or @ light is on, and green 

-  Ensure WiFi is enabled; the WiFi light should be flashing 

-  Connect using a LAN/Ethernet cable as this will rule out an Optus network issue as the potential cause 

If these steps don't work, you can reach out to us on our  Facebook and Twitter pages. Please ensure you let our Social Media team know that you do not have a working internet connection so that your issue is prioritised. 

I hope this helps! 

0 Kudos