cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question

Yes Crowd will close and be redirected to Help & Support on the 1st November 2021. Thank you to every member who has made this community such a helpful and supportive place for customers and staff to interact to help serve along with improve our products and services. You will be missed.

majid
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Tried to Reset the NBN modem and Fiber Optic Cable Came out Since Modem Optic Red Light on

On Saturday Midday my NBN suddenly stopped working there was no internet, tried to restart my router 3 times but no gain. Finally thought lets restart the NBN modem, tried to pull out the Power cable from NBN modem but same time some how Fiber Optic cable came out as well. Tried to push back in but no gain and since then Optic Light is Red and no matter how many times i have restarted the NBN modem nothing worked. On Sunday spent all day with Optus world's worst customer service with same answer NBN is upgrading their tool by which they were able to make a technician booked so they cannot book a technician and i have to wait tried to escalated and asked cannot they book a technician via manual phone call to NBN co but same text book answers, give a case number '20011892' and promises they keep me updating and they will book a technician but so far got no info, been out of internet at home 2 days and have no near future solution in sight. I dont have words for such a poor customer service. If you call optus support number it goes in many menues and loops and hangs up on you untill you try to 15 different combinations and you might able to dig out technical support in 4 menus after on very last option.

I think the even worst words are not enough for their customer service defination. 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
petergdownload
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Tried to Reset the NBN modem and Fiber Optic Cable Came out Since Modem Optic Red Light on

In fairness to Optus they can't control the NBNCo. However all Telcos should now have in place pretty robust, transparent  and easy to access options for getting NBN related issues sorted. Some do better than others.

Note as a self inflicted issue, its possible there will be a call out fee (don't know, just a heads up)

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
majid
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Tried to Reset the NBN modem and Fiber Optic Cable Came out Since Modem Optic Red Light on

At this stage i want my service to be restored, cost is not the issue, issues is Optus is not willing to help customers or set the priorities et all, Customer Service is restrict to Text book so much that same text book wording comes out of all the reps. Haved many calls and discussed many different range of issues with different reps and shocking thing is same word from every rep, even when you complain and show your frustration their promises to do better will be the same as the previous rep and so far have mentioned this to 2 different supervisors that your words are same as your previous rep. This tells me they all have a transcript infront of them and they read out from it.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors