cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Terminate nbn broadband connection

Hi, Can someone please suggest how can I get rid of Optus nbn broadband connection? Web chat is not working, My Optus App messaging does not help at all when I ask for disconnection, phone support is hell as always...I just got disconnected from support call after waiting for 1 hour 34 minutes on phone line with this message "We are currently experiencing system problem and are unable to process your call". Sick and disgusting! Isn't it. I know we are all tackling different kind of issues due to currently evolving virus situation but still it seems senseless for such provider to not be reachable through any means!

Is there any email where we can send the connection termination request?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Terminate nbn broadband connection

Hi @GoneCustomer, thanks for reaching out here - I can absolutely understand how frustrating it'd be when you can't get through, I apologise that it's been the case. As you can imagine, there have been extended wait times with the impacts of COVID-19. 

Given the current situation and these impacts, our support teams are assisting with critical enquiries at this stage. You can find further information on this here.  

At this stage, we will be:

· Waiving late payment fees for all our customers until 30 April 2020

· Stopping disconnection and credit collection activities until 30 April 2020

Again, I do apologise, please touch base with us after this date and we would be more than happy to assist you further with your request.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Terminate nbn broadband connection

Hi @Alex_RH , Thanks for coming back on this.

I understand that we are all going through a difficult time but still I don't understand how difficult is this to publish an Email ID where people can send their requests, instead of publishing phone numbers that are almost unreachable (1 and half hour waiting and then disconnected) because for cases such as mine where we don't need any immediate action but we need to send a request, so that when Optus comes back with bills for the connection payments (that we never used and requested disconnection for) we can refer back to these requests.

Regards.

0 Kudos